Previous topic - Next topic

Place your votes for December's Find of the Month

viper's ATM l.11560
0 (0%)
Tom B's Mediterranean Blue '56 500
9 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Dennis Markham

Please post your December Find of the Month nominations here.  Thank you!

viper

My find of the month was a very rare ATM L.11560. Similar to the GPO 332, These were made by the Automatic Telephone Manufacturing Company, with headquarters at the Strowger Works, Edge Lane, Liverpool.

Almon B. Strowger gave his name not only to a telephone switching system but also to a group of companies, the most famous of which for most of its existence has been based in Chicago and was known as Automatic Electric (now GTE Automatic Electric, a major subsidiary of General Telephone and Electric). Automatic Electric established a number of subsidiaries and licensees which used the Strowger name, but none was more successful than the British concern, known over the years as the Automatic Telephone Manufacturing Company (ATM), Automatic Telephone and Electric (ATE), Plessey Telecommunications Ltd. (PTL) and now GEC-Plessey Telecommunications Ltd. (GPT).

http://www.britishtelephones.com/atm/l11560.htm

The price I paid? GBP: £29  or USD $45

Tom B

I think I have to nominate my find - a Mediterranean Blue '56 500 bought on Boxing Day 2010 for £29, or $45.
Tom

stopthemachine

Quote from: Tom B on December 29, 2010, 08:10:07 AM
I think I have to nominate my find - a Mediterranean Blue '56 500 bought on Boxing Day 2010 for £29, or $45.
Wow!  Just 29 quid for that phone?  You get better deals on WE phones in the UK.  Haha 

I found two nice phones when I was in England back in '04--I'd say they're from the 70's.  I'll have to check their markings; they work from what I remember, and I do have a US convertor for them.   

Tom B

Hi STM
Got some pics of your UK phones?
Tom

stopthemachine

Quote from: Tom B on January 13, 2011, 04:59:17 AM
Hi STM
Got some pics of your UK phones?
Sadly, I don't.  I have to break out the digicam that I have had in my room, unused, for over a year now.  I just procrastinate.  I think I picked them up at the Portobello Market or somewhere else in London--one is black and the other is beige.  I'll post pix as soon as I...get around to it.  Haha.  Hopefully, sooner. :)

Dennis Markham

I placed the poll at the top of the Topic for voting for Find of the Month for December, 2010.

Dennis Markham

Congratulations to TomB for  his Find of the Month winner for December of 2010.  Tom's Mediterranean Blue Model 500 from 1956 wins the selection for this month.

Doug Rose

Tom....did you ever post the finished photos of your marvelous find? I know I'd love to see them.....congrats!!!......Doug
Kidphone

Tom B

Cheers for that Doug.
I haven't started work on the phone just yet, other than a basic cleaning. I'll get a couple of photos uploaded later in the week. But the phone is in good shape to start with.
Tom