News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Next Project: Cory Phone

Started by mienaichizu, August 21, 2009, 03:23:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

I named this yellow AE 80 after the late former president of the Philippines Corazon "Cory" Aquino in which yellow color has been her symbol of democracy during the Martial Law period of the Marcos Regime.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corazon_Aquino

It is a paint job so hopefully I can return this to its original color and shine.

HobieSport

You are going to have a set of nice colored AE 80s soon! With the pink one that you sanded and polished so well, and now the yellow one...now all you need is a nice aqua AE 80... and your 1950s classic "Easter egg" colors will be complete! 8)
-Matt

foots

After seeing that pink phone, I think you definately have the skill to handle this yellow one.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

mienaichizu

thank you everyone, hopefully I can find more colored AE 80's phone

Dan

I think the easy-off oven cleaner method may help you here.
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

McHeath

My thoughts as well, try the Easy Off method and see what happens.  Should be a pretty phone.

mienaichizu

I'm also thinking of Easy Off
The last time I ask Ace Hardware about it, they didn't have one, maybe I'll try at Tru Value

Dennis Markham

Ramil, here most grocery stores carry Easy Off.  It is usually on the aisle with other house hold cleaners.

McHeath

It's used to clean ovens, spray it on and leave for a while and it really does a job on grease stains.  It also will really do a job on your lungs, so do it outside if you can. 

mienaichizu

local markets here doesn't have Easy Off, I'll try those markets that carry imported brands

bwanna

ramil

you certainly have the talent & patience to transform this set into a thing of beauty.

CAUTION! if you find the Easy Off, be very careful not to breathe the fumes.  even the so called fumeless or odorless product is TOXIC!
donna

Phonesrfun

They must sell a similar product in the Phillipines.  Your ovens must get dirty too!

-Bill G

mienaichizu

hmmm..., hopefully I can find that product here, if not, I have no choice but to sand it :D

mienaichizu

I found a similar product, Simple Green Heavy Duty BBQ and Grill Cleaner

http://www.simplegreen.com/products_bbq_grill.php

It kinda soften the paint so I have to scape it then sand it.
After scraping and sanding, here's what I found why it was painted.
It is badly yellowed and lots of dents

McHeath

Wow, that's one beat up phone.  Maybe with some serious sanding it will come back.