News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

AE 80 "Family" Photos

Started by phoneguy06, October 12, 2009, 11:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phoneguy06

I thought it was time that I took a photo of all of my 80s together; it's an "international" family given that there are three "Canadians" (pink, black, and red) along with one "American" (turquoise/seafoam green). The pink and the black sets have chrome plungers, whereas the red and turquoise sets have the later plastic plungers. The red set started out as a black one, but was refurbished and put back into service as a red one, which thankfully still has its red rubber line cord as well. All of these phones are functional as they are, and the black one has the Rotatone pulse-to-tone converter installed. Anyway, don't they all make a cheerful bunch?

McHeath

Great looking familia!  It's a nice collection of phones in really good shape with good color and in good shape.  Hows that Rotatone working out?

bwanna

nice looking "kids" you have there, michael. that pink set w/chrome retainer is on my want list. ;D

sorry, michael. got you mixed up w/phonesrfun, bill. that's what i get for posting before i've had my coffee ::)
donna

phoneguy06

Quote from: bwanna on October 13, 2009, 07:30:09 AM
nice looking "kids" you have there, bill. that pink set w/chrome retainer is on my want list. ;D

Thanks for the compliment, Donna, but I'm not Bill, I'm Michael. I'll be keeping an eye on my pink set, if it ever goes missing in the dead of night, I'll know who to suspect! The set was one of the ones for which I actually paid the least money, as it was sitting collecting dust in one of the local antique markets because it "had no dial tone and a loose wire". Forty-five minutes after I brought it home, it rang, accepted calls, and dialled out, it just needed a a little love.

phoneguy06

Quote from: McHeath on October 13, 2009, 12:08:48 AM
Great looking familia!  It's a nice collection of phones in really good shape with good color and in good shape.  Hows that Rotatone working out?

Thanks for the compliment, Heath. The Rotatone is great, it does everything it's supposed to, and it always makes me smile that I can make it speed dial or last number redial, or "press" pound or star! Quisiera saber, ¿habla español? Le pregunto porque usa palabras como "familia" con frecuencia. Lo hablo porque me especialicé en español en la universidad./Do you speak Spanish? I often see you use words like "familia"; I speak it because it was my major in university.

McHeath

Como le digo a mis alumnos, mi español es un taco muy poco.  :D  (as I say to my students, my Spanish is a very little taco)  And then they look at me funny. 

I lived down in Mexico off and on for a couple of years back in the early 90's, learned enough Spanish to get by, but in no way would I claim to speak it well enough to go far.  We use a fair amount at work with the parents, most of whom don't speak much English, and I can manage a bit, bit I still need a translator when it's gets serious. 

I've been thinking of getting a Rotatone for some time but have not pulled that lever yet.  Good to know that it's a viable solution. 

John S

Very nice looking phones!!!!!

John

bwanna

el telefonos eres muy bonita!   ;D how did i do ???

i just can't stand to be left out
donna

LarryInMichigan

I think that it should be: "Tus telefonos son muy bonitos"

bwanna

ouryay elephonestay reaay eryvay rettypay :P
donna

JorgeAmely

Donna:

You mixed genders in your sentence. In Spanish, telephones are masculine, but your adjective is feminine.

Regarding your last post: sounds like you had too many Margaritas tonite! 

;D ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

bwanna

la telefonas eres muy bonita! ???  el telefonos eres muy bonito  ???  hi school spanish was a looooooonnng time ago ;)

i wish on the margaritas ;D
donna