Previous topic - Next topic

rdelius

JorgeAmely

A fixer upper indeed.
Jorge

Kenny C

here is a link
http://tinyurl.com/2vcquhs

wasnt this made right before they made the B-mount or 102?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

Yes.

For once the early mounting codes seem to have been assigned chronologically...
  A, B, C, D, E...
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Kenny C

wht are c and E mounts?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

C was the "hang-up" mounting designed for the E handset (used in 101 or 201 sets).  It was replaced by the G mounting that used an F, or later G handset.

E mounting was for early keysets (used in the 205 and 208 sets).  Found with E or F handsets.

Kenny C

gee u r like the biggest dictonay of telephones  :D ;D
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

It came from a misspent youth --  many evenings downloading photos from ebay and reading newsletters and collector books.   ;)

Actually, you'll be surprised to find out how fast you pick up this stuff.

Once you get a critical mass of photos on your hard drive, it's easy to flip through a folder of WE sets and pull out representative examples.  You'll note the filenames have the mounting code and handset, so the files are naturally sorted in the directory and can be easily found with a search.

Kenny C

they had ebay when you were a kid?
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

paul-f

E-what?

They had slide rules when I was a kid.  And everything was analog.  When we talked about anything digital, it involved counting on our fingers.

Youth is relative.  Anything before last week was in my youth.  No wait -- I'm still young at heart, and am still mis-spending my youth.  Next year I'll (hopefully) be looking back on today as another one of the good old days.

Back to ebay...  Yes, I am older than ebay.  I was using it when it was called "Auction Web."  That gave me a good head start collecting those phone photos.   :o :o

BTW, My computer then had an amazingly fast 40MHz processor and ran DOS 6 before upgrading it to the radically modern Windows 3.11. 

HarrySmith

Did your computer use floppy discs also? The ones that were as big as dinner plates? Did you ever get the super fast 56K modem for it?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Dan/Panther

My first Real computer was a 286, 33hz IBM clone.
Before that it was a Vic-20, then a Commodore 64 with Geos.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

HarrySmith

My first was a 386 I put together from spare parts a friend of mine had salvaged when an office moved and upgraded thier computers. I did eventually buy a 56K modem which doubled my speed ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"