and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

500 speakerphone

Started by david@london, November 03, 2012, 08:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david@london

saw this speakerphone on sale.....

are the parts original ?

http://tinyurl.com/bppc3an ( dead link 01-31-22 )

rdelius

Never have seen a 4A speaker phone in blue but I know they were offered in colors
Robby

poplar1

Looks original to me:
500SM telephone set
108 speaker
680 transmitter
85B1 transformer
223A adapter
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

ESalter

We used to have a blue speaker for one(had the screwy connector on the cord).  It was factory painted blue though.  ---Eric

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dave F

Yes, that blue 4A setup is real.  Blue is one of the more unusual colors to find in a W.E. Speakerphone.  My blue 4A components came connected to a Princess phone.  Kinda negates the feature of on-hook dialing!

HarrySmith

I was looking at that one too. Pretty neat setup! I wonder how a complete phone system from New Egland ended up in the UK?

Dave: Couldn't you get a blue 500 from the same period and use that in your system?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 12, 2012, 02:53:18 PMI wonder how a complete phone system from New Egland ended up in the UK?

???

Ebay says it's in the USA... ???

Doug Rose

Kidphone

twocvbloke

Dave F

Quote from: HarrySmith on November 12, 2012, 02:53:18 PM
I was looking at that one too. Pretty neat setup! I wonder how a complete phone system from New Egland ended up in the UK?

Dave: Couldn't you get a blue 500 from the same period and use that in your system?
Harry,

I could do that, but my intention is to use that 4A with my blue Call Director!

Dave

AE_Collector

Your Blue Call Director should be the one with built in speakerphone. Was that you who has one or someone else?

<edit> Went looking for it...it is Russ Kirk who has my NECo Call Director Speakerphone!

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5892.msg71352#msg71352

Terry