News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Auction 69 - AE40 in Orchid/Gold (painted/faded)

Started by Doug Rose, June 21, 2011, 02:14:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig T

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on June 25, 2011, 05:08:01 PM
As for a painted AE-40, here's one currently on eBay, that sort of blue, and sad.

http://tinyurl.com/5wjw64v

And, it's only up to $14.50. I don't think there is gold under that paint.

No but chances are pretty good there is chrome under the paint (handset bands) and chromed handset bands seem to add at least $40 to the value of a 40 or 50. The earliest of AE type 41 handsets did have brass bands painted black so tha tis a possibility here but there are WAY more chromed bands out there on these handsets than there were black painted brass bands. Most non chome banded typoe 41 handsets just have bakelite caps, no metal at all.

Terry

Doug Rose

Kidphone

AE40FAN

I wonder who purchased it?!  Hopefully we will see before and after restoration photos!

bingster

By my reckoning, that makes Doug the winner of this week's contest.  Congratulations, Doug!

= DARRIN =

AE_Collector

Quote from: AE40FAN on June 30, 2011, 05:56:55 PM
I wonder who purchased it?!  Hopefully we will see before and after restoration photos!

A buyer in New York who uses the handle "moses.sutherland". His actual name is included on the "ebaY Handles List". Not a member of any clubs to the best of my knowledge.

Terry

Doug Rose

Terry....Back when you could see who won eBay auctions, he purchased some very high end phones. I think it found its way into good hands.

No matter what we think on fade or polane, this is one stunning phone. Myself, I hope he keeps it just as it is. Add an AE extensicord and put it on a shelf.  To me it looks like a WE thermoplastic Blue. It sure is nice to see something entirely different, its what make the hobby fun....Happy Fourth....Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

I agree with everything you say Doug and want to add "Happy Canada Day" as well (today July 1).

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: AE_collector on July 01, 2011, 12:48:55 PM
I agree with everything you say Doug and want to add "Happy Canada Day" as well (today July 1).

Terry
Terry...Happy Canada Day to you!
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: Doug Rose on July 01, 2011, 02:35:04 PM
Terry...Happy Canada Day to you!

Yes I am at the cabin with my feet up for the long weekend! Cabin is in the USA but oh well. Usually try to have the 4th off as well but it didn't work out this year.

Greg G.

I looked through the Auction Contest Hall of Fame thread, this is the highest one yet.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e