and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Gray Telephone Photos

Started by paul-f, September 03, 2010, 11:24:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Oxford Gray 500U

for reference, here's a link to photos from a long-past auction:
   http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=5230.msg64583#msg64583
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

david@london

i had been wondering if i would ever see an oxford grey WE500 shell (just the shell) for sale -and at a reasonable price. i really like the 2 tone oxford grey & black combination.

well this recent sale came close (ebay link)......i'm sure others here will have spotted it.

i didn't bid on it in fact. the price was stuck at $69 for days, but of course ended alot higher - $305.

it would be just the ticket with an earlier metal fingerwheel 7D on it.
one day i'll probably run into one at my local oxfam shop.

WEBellSystemChristian

I was going to bid on that, but by the time I remembered to bid, the auction ended.

It looks nice! The dial will need to be replaced with a black 7-series though.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Jack Ryan

Quote from: Jon Kolger on June 21, 2015, 08:44:10 PM
(6) Unknown to me.  I've seen other black phones like it.  Some of our international members might be able to ID it.

If this is the one you are asking about...
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3312.0;attach=124649

This is a BTMC 2724. They were made by (obviously) BTMC but also by other ITT (Standard Electric) subsidiaries in many countries. There may be hints to its country of origin on the bottom or inside it. If made by BTMC, it is an early example by the handset but other jurisdictions used that handset for longer.

Jack

Dave F

Here is my latest gray find: 2502B Exclusion set.  It came from a former AT&T employee who is cleaning out some of his old stuff.  He was kind enough to send this nice phone to me, rather than to the recycle bin.  Unfortunately, I was too late to save the 50 pounds of BSPs that did get recycled.

DF

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Dave F on November 30, 2015, 01:17:38 PM
Here is my latest gray find: 2502B Exclusion set.  It came from a former AT&T employee who is cleaning out some of his old stuff.  He was kind enough to send this nice phone to me, rather than to the recycle bin.  Unfortunately, I was too late to save the 50 pounds of BSPs that did get recycled.

DF
Nice one!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Dave F

This has been a good year for the gray collection.  Here's the latest:  565HK keyset from 1969 in near-mint condition.

DF

compubit

I received a Persian Gray Ericofon (Ericsson with a Danish faceplate) from a Secret Santa in another forum to go along with my Charcoal Gray Ericofon (Ericsson with a North American faceplate).

(I added a piece of white paper for color reference in the last photo.)

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Buzby

Here's my recently received 1973 NOS GPO 746 in 2 tone grey.

LM Ericsson

1984 TA 68 built by VEF Tranzistors in Riga, Latvia.
Regards,
-Grayson

Buzby

A French 1974 Ericsson 865.

HowardPgh

Here is my recently found ITT Kellogg 500 showing the different handset shape and logos.
Howard

Doug Rose

My NOS Grey Cinderella Manual set....Doug
Kidphone

kleenax

Quote from: Doug Rose on March 19, 2019, 07:47:06 PM
My NOS Grey Cinderella Manual set....Doug
Doug; GREAT looking find!  Where did you get it? At Brimley or eBay?
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Doug Rose

Kidphone