"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

North Electric Ericofon?

Started by texbodemer, May 16, 2023, 10:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texbodemer

Hi!

I just bought my first Ericofon, and am wondering if a four-spade to modular cord will work in it--it currently has three spade wires coming out, like most old phones. I'm also wondering if the Ericofon actually needs the pigtail ended cord to work.

Thanks!
Nick
"Life is short, write in pen"

HarrySmith

Like any old phone today it should work with 2 wires, tip & ring. Red & green on most sets.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

RDPipes

Quote from: texbodemer on May 16, 2023, 10:45:49 PMHi!

I just bought my first Ericofon, and am wondering if a four-spade to modular cord will work in it--it currently has three spade wires coming out, like most old phones. I'm also wondering if the Ericofon actually needs the pigtail ended cord to work.

Thanks!
Nick

As far as I know your phone only needs the red and green (L1 and L2) to work.
If the cord on it is good and original I would just attach a modular plug adapter and save the hassle and original cord.

Oh, and these can be had at Phoneco for about $6, call Mary and she'll send you one or more.

Oops! Sorry Harry, we must have been typing at the same time, you hadn't posted when I started..
Yeah, I can be pretty slow.

LarryInMichigan

If the phone has an internal ringer, the yellow wire might also need to be connected, probably with the green, for the ringer to work.

Larry

TelePlay

texbodemer

Cool! Inside, it looks like it has the same wires connected as a 500 phone, meaning, you guys confirmed my instinct! Thanks! And, the original cord was in horrible shape...so I cut it (so I could remember which wire went where).
"Life is short, write in pen"