News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I'm going crazy!

Started by Nilsog, March 23, 2012, 09:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nilsog

I've been out of work for 3 weeks now thanks to a non-existent cardiac condition. I've done everything there is to be done around my house, since we've had such nice weather here up in Maine lately. I even trimmed the hedges and raked the lawn, took the piles to the dump... I just installed new lights in my basement today, and I even installed lights outside my garage door so I can actually see while coming and going in darkness. I've run out of phones to fix and clean up. I still have 2 weeks before my next test. They told me if that one goes well I can go back to work the next day.

Here's hoping they tell me to go back. I really miss my firehouse and I'm going stir crazy without anything to do. Anyone have a project phone they'd be willing to donate? :p
Ken

Doug Rose

Janet's brother had a fatal heart attack at 40. Do the tests my friend. Listen to the man. I'd love to donate to the cause, what project phone are you looking for?...take care...Doug
Kidphone

Nilsog

I'm open to anything really. I'm still a novice, however. Some of you guys are wizards when it comes to fixing cracks and dings and discoloration. Stuff I need to learn!
Ken

Bill

Ken -

I've got kind of an oddball 500 you can have - I'll cover shipping if you think it would be interesting. I'm not sure it's a project phone, because I think it works, and it looks OK. But if it would fill some hours, let me know. It is this one

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=4427.0

I thought some collector from Alabama might want it, since it is a piece of local history. But nary a taker. Which means that either those 'Bama boys don't recognize a great phone when they see one - or it's not such a great phone. Anyway, if you want it, I'll need an address.

From one Maine boy to another - good luck with your tests. Keep us posted.

Bill

twocvbloke

I've been going crazy for the past 4 or 5 years since having to stop working cos of my condition (Kleine-Levin Syndrome, very annoying and somewhat complex), so I have to  find all kinds of things to do to occupy my free time, while at the same time being a cheapskate cos of the meagre amount of money the government says I have to live on as a minimum, so I have vacuum cleaners, computers, mobile and landline phones, fish, satellite TV stuff, Star Trek models, TV episodes & movies, and lots of stuff in boxes to put together or disassemble... :-\

Before my KLS condition took over my life, I was a computer engineer, building & repairing desktops and laptops (in the latter months I was mostly repairing laptops as I was good a that), but the excess sleeping part of my condition doesn't revolve around a 9-to-5 basis, so I had to give up work and the money it brought in, so I have to find things to do to fix up and play with, otherwise I'd go stir crazy... :D

And lately I've been having other issues, not entirely sure of the cause (it's under investigation, gotta love free treatment on the NHS!!), but it's possible that it's the ticker that's not pumping right, and every now and then I have days where I suffer multiple dizzy/faint spells where I can't even hold my head up or move my hands, and I hate it, I'm 26 and my body's already failing on me... :(

Not to mention, I developed a phobia of talking on phones during my non-working time, which doesn't make sense seeing as I collect the things!!! :D

Nilsog

Bill, I'll take it! I'll PM you my address.

twocv- I did some reading on KLS, and wow! I should be thankful that I'm just doing testing and don't have an actual issue yet. Honestly, every time I go in for a physical I get very nervous because my biggest fear is being taken off the job. This last time it actually happened, completely unexpected, and I was crushed. Thankfully through all the testing I've done they haven't been able to find a thing wrong with me, but there have been some irregularities so I have to keep testing to rule out any possible conditions. Hopefully after April 4 I can go back. I sincerely hope you can figure out your issue and it's nothing serious!
Ken

david@london

......just like to send very best wishes to both of you, nilsog + 2cv .

nilsog-  love the 'personal portrait' .........  were you in 'make up' long?

Nilsog

Only as long as it took me to find the picture!

Ken

Bill

Quote from: NilsogBill, I'll take it! I'll PM you my address.

OK, Ken, the package hit the bin before the Post Office made the pickup this morning. You should see it Wednesday or Thurdsay. I think I packed it OK, but if the Post Office destroys it - well, you wanted a project phone, right?

Bill

Doug Rose

Ken runs into burning buildings to save lives!  Almost as dangerous as my job.  ;D  Please check you project phones and get one off to him.....Doug
Kidphone

Nilsog

Thanks a lot guys, I really appreciate it.

Doug- I just checked that prefix from the dialcard and its from Cornish, ME... funny story, Cornish is a very small town and one of my coworkers is actually from there. I think it will be funny to show him this phone and see if he notices the number... would be even funnier if he recognized it!

And I only do what my job calls for... Edward Croker, chief of FDNY once said "When a man becomes a fireman his greatest act of bravery has been accomplished.  What he does after that is all in the line of work." One of my favorite quotes.
Ken

Nilsog

Received a clean bill of health after today's test, and was cleared to return to duty!
Ken

twocvbloke

That's good to hear, I'm still being worked on by the NHS to find out my other issues, so plenty time to stay crazy for me... :D

Doug Rose

Outstanding News Ken!! Do what the man tells you to do. Post some pictures of the refurbs you've been working on. We'd all like to see them....take care and good luck....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Cool! That is great news!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"