News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I just won this today

Started by foots, May 10, 2009, 02:49:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foots

I may have overpaid @ $40.85 total with priority mail shipping and insurance but I'm not certain. This will probably be the last ebay phone for me until all of my phones are back in use. Here are some ebay pictures. What do you guys think?
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

foots

HobieSport

Hey Foots, congratulations! IMHO I think that is a decent buy, and I was hoping you'd get it. Frankly I had to contain myself not to place any bids.  These phones go on Ebay from time to time but rarely it seems in that good condition, as they got so much heavy use. Yours being a 1951 makes me wonder where the phone was used during the Korean War, etc., and try to imagine all the conversations that passed through it.

I hope you can post some pictures of the insides when it arrives.

Dennis Markham

As Matt said, that seems like a decent buy.  Do you know if the ringer is a frequency ringer or straight line ringer?  I have never purchased a Signal Corps phone so I have no experience with one.  But they seem to be popular and a well built phone.  I'm sure you'll enjoy fixing it up.

foots

I have no clue about the ringer or much else about this phone, though I really wanted it. I'll know more once it gets here. I've got a lot of work ahead of me with this and my other phones. I really need to get a camera so I can start putting up some good pictures as I work on these things. I am very excited about my newest phone.

Bill Cahill

Neat phone. My birthday was last week. Wanna send it to me?  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

QuoteNeat phone. My birthday was last week. Wanna send it to me?

Bet he says no.  (call me psychic)   :)

foots

Quote from: Bill Cahill on May 11, 2009, 06:53:57 PM
Neat phone. My birthday was last week. Wanna send it to me?  ;D
Bill Cahill

Hmmm.... uh, no. My birthday was 3 months ago and you didn't even send me a card. And don't give me that "I didn't even know you" business.  ;D  .  Oh, happy birthday by the way.