News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cutting our own throats.

Started by Dan/Panther, March 04, 2009, 02:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

Nothing, except that it's a lot of extra work.  Some sellers might want to do it, but I'm willing to bet most won't.  Plus, if the seller uses ebay's own photo hosting services, more photos means more money out of their pockets (they charge for pictures).
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

I like it when someone asks if the seller will accept X amount to Buy It Now..usually a really low price for something known to be valuable.  Then the seller says no and posts the inquirer's name so all the other phone collectors can see it.

Sargeguy

Exactly why you should offer fair market value! 

I am going to start correcting seller's spelling of rotary as "rotery" and telling them that there phones aren't really Bakelite!
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Dennis Markham

I remember seeing a listing once where the seller called the phone a "circle phone".  It took me a while to figure that one out.  A circle---the round rotary dial---a circle phone.  I agree on "rotery"...I've seen that one a lot.

Dan/Panther

Bakelite about half the time.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bingster

There's a little phone number gizmo that I ran across tonight.  You know the type... you slide an arrow over a letter, push a button, and a lid flips up showing you the names starting with the letter you selected.  Anyhoo... this one's listed as being backlit.  I thought "how interesting, I've never seen one that was backlit!"  It took me much longer than it should have to figure out they were spelling "bakelite" incorrectly. 
= DARRIN =

Dennis Markham

AE_Collector

An old topic similar to the "Mr Helpfull" theme but today I came up with a pretty good way to ask a seller a question with little fear of the question being added to the auction for all to see. The seller had several phones as well as other things listed so I asked a question on one of the other phones that I really had no interest in and I added my "real question" about the other phone in as well.

I got the response I needed and if the seller had bothered to add the question into the auction (they didn't) it would have been against the wrong phone anyway. Of course if they were really on the ball they would have manually added the answer to my question into the correct auction (they didn't) but that is too much work in most cases.

Terry