News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

F1 style handset with no markings?

Started by Partyline4, March 03, 2015, 02:38:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-Man

Don't forget that Western Electric licensed the rights to make the 302 and other equipment during WWII to other manufacturers. Notably this includes Connecticut Telephone who continued to make exact clones even after the war. They continue to show up on eBay, notably the colored 302s, and elsewhere from time to time, though their versions are clearly marked.

G-Man

Here is a link to the TCI Library regarding the use of F1 handsets manufactured by Connecticut Telephone by the Bell System.   

Quote from: G-Man on March 04, 2015, 04:10:26 PM
Don't forget that Western Electric licensed the rights to make the 302 and other equipment during WWII to other manufacturers. Notably this includes Connecticut Telephone who continued to make exact clones even after the war. They continue to show up on eBay, notably the colored 302s, and elsewhere from time to time, though their versions are clearly marked.

baldopeacock

Quote from: Partyline4 on March 04, 2015, 02:54:03 PM

I'm finding that it's really hard to find a good deal online.  :P

They're out there still.   There are good items listed that go unsold because the listing title and content is inaccurate and doesn't turn up in a rational search string.   If you can imagine a wrong way to list a phone, you may find what you're looking for at the right price.

It just won't make any sense.

Partyline4

Thanks for the link G-man!!

Bald,

I know what you mean!

I've actually turned up listings by typing in something that I misspelled!

Definitely a great tip!

Thanks!