News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Using item numbers for old Ebay listings

Started by poplar1, July 28, 2013, 03:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poplar1

Has anyone noticed a change when clicking on Ebay links contained in old forum posts? I know that they are not supposed to work after a certain time, like 60 days or something, but for a long time, many would work even a year later. When they didn't work, you would get an error message saying the item number was not valid. Now, I am getting a list of similar items when the original item has expired.

This was for a purple non-standard color Princess in early April:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330900044715

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WesternElectricBen

They both show up as a pink modular princess phone.

poplar1

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on July 28, 2013, 03:36:30 PM
They both show up as a pink modular princess phone.

Didn't you see about 30 phones, but not the original purple one?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Yes, eBay links (eBay item numbers) you find in old forum posts (several years old) are being reused by eBay for current auctions.

It is very frustrating to search the forum for information on something, find a post, read the text and then click on the eBay link for a photo supporting the discussion and discover a current eBay auction of something totally different than what was being discussed. Had that happen to me several times within the past month.

That is a very good reason to put at least one photo of the item/phone being discussed into he post for posterity.

It seems eBay number go from active auction to ended auction to no longer available to a new, current auction for any item that was given that number.