Main Menu

Modell 36 W28 (German)

Started by dsk, November 11, 2013, 12:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dsk

This was made by many German makers
dsk

dsk

I could not resist to buy another seen on facebook, The dial was looking different, and it turned out to be 1946 Siemens Olap from Milano Italy.   Learning about this the modell 36 phones was made post war of what they had, and the digrams varies according to that. I made a diagram and based it on a W28 just to show the difference.  Mainly the dial is the difference between my first and this one.

< 10-19-21 image removed rotated reattached >

dsk

Some more pictures...

dsk

Dial speed originally, and now, no cleaning/oiling or adjustments done:

countryman

Nice! Was the above test slip folded inside the telephone from the original quality management?
The N38 dial was Siemens's first one with a fast running governor, which anybody else used long since. The N24 and N30 dials had the pulsing mechanism right on the governor shaft and are more tricky to adjust. The N38 is quite bullet proof. It was also the first Siemens dial making 2 extra pulses, which then are suppressed by the nsr contact. The Post wanted this to allow a little more time between dialing each digit, for the selectors to work correctly in the office. Hence the longer travel between the 1 and the fingerstop.

Thanks for the clearly drawn diagram of the Modell 36, the few that could be found on the internet are more confusing than helpful. Likewise the glued in sticker is more a wire routing scheme than a real diagram.

dsk

Quote from: countryman on October 17, 2021, 01:36:40 PM
Nice! Was the above test slip folded inside the telephone from the original quality management?
Yes!
The N38 dial was Siemens's first one with a fast running governor, which anybody else used long since. The N24 and N30 dials had the pulsing mechanism right on the governor shaft and are more tricky to adjust. The N38 is quite bullet proof. It was also the first Siemens dial making 2 extra pulses, which then are suppressed by the nsr contact. The Post wanted this to allow a little more time between dialing each digit, for the selectors to work correctly in the office. Hence the longer travel between the 1 and the fingerstop.
Thank you for that info, I just guessed about the wish for longer period between the digits.

Thanks for the clearly drawn diagram of the Modell 36, the few that could be found on the internet are more confusing than helpful. Likewise the glued in sticker is more a wire routing scheme than a real diagram.

Agree!  Other versions of the modell 36 may have different dial wiring. (as my first on top here).

dsk

Now I did find the same strip/slip under the dial on this one, and has cleaned/tuned the speed on the dial, nothing else.. but did work a little to analyze the old test.
Now the phone is working great, at least with a new transmitter capsule (I have kept the old one)

And now, I have learned that the open close ratio will be measured wrong if the ringer is in the circuit, so I just measured the dial ;)