"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A youtube single slot controller

Started by Key2871, December 22, 2018, 09:15:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Quote from: Key2871 on January 02, 2019, 11:12:54 AM
...if this is not your cup of tea, sorry, this is the best I can do...

Well, for me the mud is clearing a little. I used to C.A.D. PCBs in a previous life and have the boards printed up. Before the days of surface mount I was taught to read components etc and solder, and made up many a board. Still something I love to do although I don't have a to need to these days.

I'm finding this a very interesting thread. Thanks for taking the time to share.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Using CAD sounds fun, but I'm sure you really have to know what it is your doing. If I were to design a PCB for my controller, that could take a while, but the board is apt to be much larger than what I have in mind.
Doing it on a perf board it will be a lot easier to stash in a pay phone. In my three slot, I had three stand offs that bolted into the bucket next to the relay, so it was pretty much out of sight even with the upper off.
And I like doing things that help other people out, gives me a good feeling to do that.
And I enjoy doing something durring the winter.
It's way better, and safer than slipping on ice in my yard.
Did that yesterday, cleaning off my truck... Not fun.

Ken
KEN

robert_m

Also working on one to basically make a candlestick  with a gray coin collector operate, simple design, insert coin, get dialtone dial.

found using off the shelf parts and some wireing can make this happen for around 100.00.  Since the gray station on the candlestick has no relay to fire period, that eliminates that problem of collect or return its always collected, coin first call.  Incomming totally allowed.

Inside the coin collector, i chose a 4 channel relay specifically so it would actually allow it to work with stans controller as well, hence puts 1000 ohms on yellow and tip wire once coin deposited (simulating the totalizer)

Parts:
Viking LDB-3
UCTRONICS DC 12V Programmable Multifunction Time Delay Relay Module with Segment LEDs Display & H/L Level Trigger for Smart Home, Automatic Control
LM YN DC 5V 4-Channel Relay Control Module 4CH Relay Module Low Level Trigger With Red and Blue Indicators for Arduino
CHENBO TCRT5000 Infrared Reflective IR Photoelectric Switch Barrier Line Track Sensor Module for Arduino Smart Car w/Cable 3.3V-5V  (2 needed)
TMR 1221

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

robert_m

If i could get help it should be fairly easy to add another UCTRONICS DC 12V Programmable Multifunction Time Delay Relay Module with Segment LEDs Display & H/L Level Trigger for Smart Home, Automatic Control  to control the collect / return, but my biggest issue is the circuit for the coin relay, as said thos this set dont have this issue.

Key2871

Looks cool Robert, a coin operation circuit can be added along with a timer circuit that kicks a reversing relay when time empires, then a switch needs to trigger the circuit when going on hook.
I had the voltage doubling circuit up at one point, I'll see if I can pull that back up. But depending on the input voltage, the output is much higher, and potentially dangerous.
As I said in my PM to you, I have yet to sit down and draw my diagram for the circuit. Because my kids just went back to school last week, and it's hard to find a quiet place to sit down and draw. Plus it's winter, wet snow falling and oh man that's hard to move. So I hope to feel better enough soon to sit at my desk and do the schematic diagram.
It's not easy getting old... It shucks.
KEN

robert_m

Yeap I know - Im in same boat been working on the 151al with the gray coin collector for months as I only have time here and their.

robert_m

Picture of initially completed may go for sale now but will not be cheap  :)

Key2871

I'm hoping my circuit will fit into any phone, but without building a prototype it's hard to say. Because this is a lot more complicated than my board years ago..
But I've found taking time to do something, actually makes it better.
KEN

bobv

Quote from: robert_m on January 09, 2019, 07:56:36 PM
Picture of initially completed may go for sale now but will not be cheap  :)

Hi Robert

$$$$$  ?  :)

Key2871

This is it. Volts in 24VAC output 68 VDC.
This is only a half wave DC signal, but it should work, adding a full wave rectifier at the output it will most definitely work.
Remember this is DC VOLTAGE, DO NOT TOUCH ENERGIZED CIRCUITS !! THE RESULTING SHOCK CAN BE LEATHAL.
So exercise extreme care when working with this circuit.

Ken
KEN

Key2871

Well, it's summer again... But the bills keep coming in, need a new AC for the house, but I haven't forgotten about the circuit for the payphone control I still want to complete.
So many distractions kept me away for a long time, again. But I'm going to start my diagram very soon, order parts and build it. That way if there's something that doesn't make the grade I can hopefully fix that then post my results..
Oh, to be young again, just for the energy would be nice...
More to come, hopefully soon.
KEN

Payphone installer

Yep I have read for years about the coming payphone controllers for years yet here we sit with still  only one. Stans

Quote from: Payphone installer on May 06, 2020, 10:33:28 PM
Yep I have read for years about the coming payphone controllers for years yet here we sit with still  only one. Stans

You are right Jim, lots of talk and very little action. Stan's works just fine, why try to reinvent the wheel?

Key2871

Yea, for the first time in months someone has actually responded to my post.
Sorry, but I've been quite busy around home and haven't even given this thought because I posed a couple questions but I never got a responce. So I figured nobody was interested. Time and money is always a problem. It's still freking winter around here, once and a while we're have temps above 50.
I'm still working on fefinments and getting closer.
Yea it's taking forever but again I thought nobody was interested.
KEN