News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New member question on 191G and 233G

Started by Fleetcmat, July 05, 2017, 07:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fleetcmat

Hi everyone, New member John here from Akron Ohio. I was wondering if someone could share a photo of how to wire these phones for home use. If not a photo, a simple explanation of what color wire goes to what terminal. I don't need a network I just want to plug in to AT&T and use them. Thanks in advance for all the help!

poplar1

Does your 191G have a 101A or 101B induction coil mounted on a metal plate near the top of the backplate, as originally furnished? If so, then the line would connect as follows:

191G With 101B:
Green (+) to Y and Red (-) to R (both terminals on the hook switch).

191G With 101A:
Green to R and Red to Y.

(Per BSP C64.241, Issue 3, 9-10-52, Prepayment Coin Collectors...Connections)

The 234G requires a network.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Quote from: Fleetcmat on July 05, 2017, 07:07:12 PM
Hi everyone, New member John here from Akron Ohio. I was wondering if someone could share a photo of how to wire these phones for home use. If not a photo, a simple explanation of what color wire goes to what terminal. I don't need a network I just want to plug in to AT&T and use them. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Welcome to the forum.

As long as you are peaking inside those phones, can you take and post photos here. A lot of the members like to look at the phone and sometimes it makes it easier to answers your questions about the phone.

Fleetcmat

There is no induction coil. I see what appears to be some sort of bracket in line with the hook switch rod.

Yes I plan on posting photos as I learn more about the forum. Men are visually oriented. so I like to see the photos of what the poster is talking about as well.