News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WECo E Mount Mystery

Started by cihensley@aol.com, April 15, 2011, 12:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cihensley@aol.com

I acquired this Western Electric E mount on eBay because it intrigued me. I was not aware of any E mount without buttons, particularly when you can see a button hole partially peeking out of the left side of the covering plate. Some of the pictures and text from the listing are shown. I believe the cords are original WECo because of the rubber covering over the individual conductors.  Note that the line cord is only 2-conductor - red and green. The cradle area and the E handset need restoring. I will continue this with a second post.

Chuck

JimH

Could this be another attempt by WECO to re-use a former key set for single line service?
Jim H.

Doug Rose

This was WE making a 205 into a working phone during the war years. WE recycled everything as we know. I have seen pictures Old Payphones made in home phones. This is a cool phone. I have a 205 that I found a couple of years ago. It has a B mount on an A1 base mounted on the 205 base. Nice Find Chuck....Doug

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=1937.0
Kidphone

cihensley@aol.com

War-time modified E mount restored.

Chuck

Doug Rose

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on May 14, 2011, 04:51:42 PM
War-time modified E mount restored.

Chuck
Chuck another tough find for your collection. This is a wonderful phone and a wonderful refurb....you should be very proud....Doug
Kidphone