News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

repair service in Los Angeles area

Started by reyzaguirr, April 27, 2018, 03:10:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

Have you fixed the Ericofon yet Brandon?
Gary

JorgeAmely

Quote from: andy1702 on April 28, 2018, 03:00:16 AM
I agree with what others have said and definitelybthink it's the handset cord at fault. A crackly cord then nothing is a classic sign of a break in the wire. You could use four pieces of ordinary wire to replace the handset cord just as a test to see if that solves your problem.
WE handset cords have 4 wires: 2 white, one black and finally a red colored wire. Since you only need three to have a working receiver and transmitter circuit, you can re-purpose one of the wires in a very difficult to find cord to fix your problem until you find a replacement cord with 4 working wires. 
Jorge

reyzaguirr

Quote from: oldguy on July 06, 2018, 11:03:50 PM
Have you fixed the Ericofon yet Brandon?

No, it still doesn't ring.  It was ringing fine and then just stopped.

andy1702

When you say the Ericofon was ringing, do you actually mean buzzing? I understand these phones are different around the world, with some places having buzzers fitted and other places having no buzzer at all. I've not come across a variant with actual bells though.

Assuming it's a buzzer, then it's most likely mounted right on the top of the internals when you take the plastic 'stem' cover off the phone. Itf it's like theo others I've seen you're looking for a little cylinder type thing. From memory, I'm not sure if you can open them up or not, but I think there may be a screw on on. If you can take it apart then you might find it's just stuck. It's likely an iron in a coil making an electromagnet that moves a tiny metal leaf to make the buzz. If it's stuck it won't buzz. Check the coil for continuity and if that's ok then check for voltage to the coil when the phone rings. Be warned though... The ringing voltage is enough to give you a nasty kick!
Call me on C*net 0246 81 290 from the UK
or (+44) 246 81 290 from the rest of the world.

For telephone videos search Andys Shed on Youtube.