News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Understanding the #6 dial

Started by Babybearjs, February 12, 2018, 09:14:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK guys, H have a 202A manual deskset and I'm hooking it up to a 425K network.... just double check with you.... the connections as follows:

Red to "R"
     Green to "GN"
     Black to "B"
     and Yellow to "L2"

write me back if something is wrong.... I also have to add a jumper between "F" and "L1"
Line connections: "L1 and L2"
John

kleenax

Haven't checked my diagram yet, but I always had to use a 5-conductor desk cord for wiring a 425 to a 202.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

Babybearjs

I got it working, the jumper went from L1 to GN... I have a gold 202 Imperial that has the same cord... and it seems to work fine... what was the connections for a 202 to a 685 subset?
John

Babybearjs

I just added a #6U dial to a 202 deskset... Knowing that there are 6 connections, the pulse and 2 sets of ON (on Normal) contacts... what do I have to do to use this dial..... or is it just for the newer phones.... would I have to change the subset cord from a 4C to a 8C cord? the subset has a 425K network in it....
John

poplar1

Just short the receiver (6U, 7D, 9C dials) rather than opening it (6A, 5H, 4H).

4H.              6U

Jumper from W hookswitch.                      BB.              R

Receiver. (White)                                      W.              R

Common rec/xmtr.  (Red)                          R.              BK

Dial pulse.                                          Y &  BK.            GN & BL

Not used.                                                                    W. & BB

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Babybearjs

Thank you. I got it working using a 4 pair cable....the frequency ringer even works...
John