News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Touch a Matic III

Started by compubit, May 05, 2017, 07:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

compubit

I won this on eBay (picked it up since it is a white phone for my collection!).

It's a Touch-a-Matic III according to the box, but I haven't seen any others.

Differences between a Touch-A-Matic S and this one:
- I think it's thicker than the TAM S wall unit (I thought I had a TAM S wall, but don't see it anywhere in the basement (doesn't mean it's not there...) - not 100% on this
- Has an R button for flashing the line (but if you hold it down, it opens he line for as long as the button is held down.
- There is no battery; I'm guessing it's got a line charged capacitor for memory
- When first plugged in, it took about 30 seconds before it would dial (had dial tone immediately, but couldn't dial - leading to the conclusion in the bullet above)
- No red and green buttons
- Pulse dialing
- AT&T International sticker on the bottom and (Bell symbol) Western Electric logo.

The ringer is similar - a little lower audio frequency.

Best of all, it's white.

Thoughts/comments? Any other info before I take the cover off?

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

Picture
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

compubit

Noch einmal...        "once again"

compubit

Drittes Bild!         "Third picture!"

compubit

One other thing - the handsets are not exchangeable with Touch a Matic S phones...

Jim