News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

[FALSE ALARM] USPS Not Shipping or Delivering for Awhile

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, January 20, 2018, 12:55:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WEBellSystemChristian

Just letting everyone know that because of the recent US Government Shutdown, USPS will not be operating for some time. That probably means that we won't be able to ship or receive phones through USPS for a few days or weeks. I have a phone that was bought on eBay, and it was caught in the system temporarily.

Not intended to be Political in any way, shape, or form...I'm just letting everyone know publicly.

EDIT: I'm apparently wrong, but I'll keep the topic open in case there's something else to add or discuss. I need to do more research before setting something in stone! :-[
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

Are you sure? I thought the USPS was still operating since they are no longer subsidized by the US Gov't.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: poplar1 on January 20, 2018, 01:15:03 PM
Are you sure? I thought the USPS was still operating since they are no longer subsidized by the US Gov't.
Oh, I guess you're right, David. Just looked it up--I guess they are still open for business. I guess USPS is just being slow with my package!

Nevermind then. False alarm!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

poplar1

8:21 AM
USPS
Informed Delivery Daily Digest
You have mail and packages arriving soon.1/20/2018 COMING TO YOUR MAILBOX SOON. View all mail on dashboard Please visit your Informed Delivery dashboard or Informed mobile app for up-to-date information on packages being delivered to you by the Postal Service. View all packages on dashboard 9505500012298018000171Expected Delivery on: Jan 20, 2018 You may have more mail or packages than is shown here. To check, go to your Dashboard Mailpieces may arrive several days after you receive the notification.

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

TelePlay

Post office is a quasi government agency.

And, nothing important or essential shuts down anyway and any of the 10% which is not essential to daily operation of the government, those 10-15% that do not have to come to work today (Saturday, Sunday?) will receive full pay checks. Give that 10% of the government a fully paid vacation day or days.

And since that 10% isn't essential to the federal government, why not just fire them? Every person who did not go work in the last government shutdown (except those who got overtime to put fences around the WW-II Memorial in DC the day a few Honor Flights arrived so the oh so few WW-II vets who flew there could not see the Memorial, it was shut down by a chain link fence, remember that) got reimbursed for the days they did not work - I can spell paid vacation again.

Alarmist news media trying to scare people (no military, no SS checks, no nothing - bull!

But I hope people are catching on. Nothing important shuts down and no one looses pay if they get the day off. How about that for bloat?

The Google Machine has the proof of all said above.

"Not intended to be Political in any way, shape, or form...I'm just letting everyone know publicly."

PS: Mail-person just delivered a box and letters to my house.

compubit

On a side note, government contractors aren't paid, since we can't work (we don't have a valid charge number to use and can't access the facilities), we don't get paid for the time off, unless we take vacation.

The civil servants historically end up getting paid for their time off, but not us...  BTW, Congress Critters do get paid during the furlough - you know if they didn't, I bet it would get solved very quickly.

During the furlough, government systems are off-limits (no email, no phones).  Now if we could impose that rule on 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue and Capitol Hill, we might get a few quiet days without any tweets (which would just flummox the media, whatever side they're on!)...

That's all for my "political" rants (hopefully) for the year...

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

TelePlay

Thanks, didn't know about the sub-contractor aspect and agree on the rest.