News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Diagram For a WE 653 YD

Started by gands-antiques, November 12, 2012, 07:49:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gands-antiques

Can anyone please provide me with or tell me where to get a good wiring diagram for a WE 653 YD?

The ones in the TCI Library are all included under "Wall Telephone Hotel Sets" and the picture shows external ringers but they do not include the YD model and they all seem to be incomplete showing what looks like wire spades that do not connect to anything.

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Thanks,
Gary  

poplar1

653YD is listed in BSP section C63.241 (Subscriber Set Connections, L.B.T., C.B.S. Wall Sets.

http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=3491&Itemid=2

L.B.T., C.B.S.= Local Battery Talking, Common Battery Signalling
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

gands-antiques

Thank you very much. This is exactly what I have been looking for.  One question...all of the diagrams show the black and red wires from the ringer connected to nothing. Can you tell me what terminals the ringer wires should be connected to?

When I connect the line cord to the L1 and L2 the phone does nothing and when I connect the green line cord wire to L2 and the red line cord wire to the GRD terminal it rings when it is called with or without the receiver on the hook. I can not hear anything in the receiver.

Thanks again,
Gary

G-Man

Quote from: gands-antiques on November 12, 2012, 09:42:10 PM
Thank you very much. This is exactly what I have been looking for.  One question...all of the diagrams show the black and red wires from the ringer connected to nothing. Can you tell me what terminals the ringer wires should be connected to?

When I connect the line cord to the L1 and L2 the phone does nothing and when I connect the green line cord wire to L2 and the red line cord wire to the GRD terminal it rings when it is called with or without the receiver on the hook. I can not hear anything in the receiver.

Thanks again,
Gary

As per the wiring diagram connect one of the ringer leads to L1 and the other to C.
The other end of the capacitor connected to C should be connected to L2

gands-antiques

Thank you. I guess my diagram interpretation has a lot to learn because I don't see any connection points for the ringer wires on any of the diagrams, but I am definitely going to try the connections you provided and I appreciate it.

Thanks again,
Gary

dsk

Looking at that diagram; you will probably get a well working  phone without battery just putting a wire between induction coil RBK (red wire) to battery terminal with white wire (=white from transmitter), leave the other battery terminal unused (taped).

dsk

gands-antiques

DSK,

Thank you very much. I will give that a try.

I'm sending some pictures of the inside and outside of the phone in case that will help you or anyone else with further diagnostics.

Thanks,
Gary

trainman

I say why make it harder. Just use 2 "D" cells in series for the talk circuit.  Even though its a wall phone, you could put a 4 conductor line cord on it, use red/geen for tip and ring, and use black yellow for the battery. Get a plastic 2 cell "D" holder from McMaster-Carr or simmilar and screw the battery holder next to a 26A phone jack and there you go.

gands-antiques

Thanks Trainman.  I will try adding the battery pack.  I haven't tried any of the other recommendations yet because I have been traveling since I posted it. 

I have discovered that the end of the capacitor is is partially separated from the tube body so I'm guessing this the capacitor must be replaced before I go any farther. I'm wondering is a capacitor from a 302 would work as a replacement.  Any idea??

Thanks again,
Gary