News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wanted: a Color Schematic for Wiriing an AE Dial as a WE Dial

Started by Doug Rose, April 20, 2012, 12:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Many times I have received a phone with an incorrect dial on it. I never seem to remember how to wire and AE dial in place or a WE and vice verse. Does anyone have a nice quick and easy where color wires go to what post color diagram....thanks...Doug
Kidphone

HowardPgh

I think it depends on the dial and the phone it is going into.
Most AE dials have pulse contacts, but the Off Normal contacts are open when the dial is at rest.  Older WE dials (ie:5H) has a set that opens at rest(R-BK) a set that closes at rest.(BB-W)  I think I got it right.
You could probably use the AE dial with a 425 network in a 500 style set up as the receiver is shorted when you dial the dial.(Like the white wires on a later dial). Of course pulse contacts are pulse contacts.(like the blue and green wires). I hope this helps.
There are some AE dials with a spring setup like a 5H dial. See the diagram for the #1 Uniphone it shows both a 5H dial and an AE dial with 29AK spring setup.
Also look at the North 7H6 diagram with the AE dial. It has a 101A coil like a 302. You could rewire a phone after that diagram.
Howard