News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need photo of wiring layout for AE Styleline hookswitches

Started by RotoTech99, September 10, 2014, 12:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Hi, I have two AE Styleline hookswitches that the oringinal leads have broken from their solder points[ on the hokswitch.

I need a picture of the AE Styleline hookswitch showing the leads in their proper position, and what color lead goes to what contact; I am having my AE Styleline hookswitches rewired, and need the photo for a reference to get it done./font]

Volvoguy

Here's mine.  Orange is 6, red is 20, yellow is 10, white is 8, and black is 11.

RotoTech99

Hi, my "good"AE Hookswitch (Not the two with the missing leads) is in a ATC Empress with 7 leads; Orange, White, Green, Black, Yellow, Red and Slate leads.

I'll hang onto your picture and add it to my references.

I think part of my trouble is AE made 2 or 3 variations of that hookswitch, each set up slightly different, with variations in the contacts as well, not to mention leads that are too short and/or badly soldered at the point it goes onto the contact that have a tendency to "snap-off" unexpectedly.

I'm going to try visually seeing where the leads are soldered on it, and record it  so I can attach new lead wires.
{Needless to say I'm not a "soldering iron person", so I may have to find someone to do it for me.}

I usually have 3" to 3-1/2" leads so I have room to connect the hookswitch to the network of the set it's going into...(In this case it's another ATC Empress set).

BTW: If you want to know how my Empress with the good AE hookswitch is wired into it, email or reply, and I'll give you a wiring chart of how my Empress with the AE hookswitch is wired