News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Purchased a Small Collection This Morning

Started by Doug Rose, March 30, 2019, 02:00:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Jan & I purchased a small collection today in NH, around 100 phones. We jammed everything into her Acura RDX and I Mean JAMMED. Got some different stuff outside my comfort zone. Let me know if there is anything you need in the pics...Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

That's quite a haul, if I may, where in New Hampshire?
I had a nice green single slot, sold it to jkl, now it's toast, boy I loved that phone... But I got a good price for it..
KEN

Doug Rose

Hampton....Green slot has the keys and rings on incoming, but the handset is bad so it does not pick up. Feel free to make an offer. It is in really nice shape....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Is it a C or D set? The C would have a huge totalizer on the coin gauge, the D has a much smaller electronic unit and the later would have a D connector to plug into the chassis.
I'm thinking it's a D because of the later handset.
And you say the handset doesn't work? Or the hook switch stays down when the receiver is lifted.
I wish I had some money, I'd buy that and sell my black D set.
Send me a pm with what you're looking to get...
KEN

Devansphones

Great haul! Doug, are you interested in parting with the 202 that has the F handset? PM me if so.
~Devan

oldguy

Great find Doug, I think you might need to buy a truck😀😀
Gary

rdelius

tubaman

I wouldn't call that a small collection when my whole collection is about 100 phones!
Clearly I need to try harder.  ;D

Is that Kellogg on the right of the 2nd photo really ivory or is it painted?

rdelius

The Kellogg 925 set appears to be a painted set from COT

Doug Rose

Robby ...Kellogg ashtray is a COT paint. Good thing is the phone has no chips or cracks. 

Is the SC fat boy a COT?  I have a red Ericsson Wall Phone that is a painted as well.

Just sorting through them. It was a lot!

Work got in the way today  >:( ....Doug
Kidphone

Key2871

Yea Doug keep buying like this, your better off getting a truck, even a smaller one.
KEN

rdelius

I am supprised that the kellogg set has perfect bakelite under the paint.Perfect sets were uasually polished black and damaged sets were repaired and painted. After I developed a method to repair damaged bakelite we could polish them black.That brass based set with the type 41 handset with brass bands is likely from COT

Doug Rose

pics
Kidphone

Doug Rose

p2
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Kidphone