News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Need German Maingau 35 Diagram

Started by LarryInMichigan, December 07, 2017, 07:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LarryInMichigan

A few years ago, I bought what I am pretty sure is a "Maingau 35" phone.  It looks very much like the pictured on this: link page (about 65% of the way down), with the metal cradle, the Bauhaus style handset, and the slim finger gongs.  At the time that I got the phone, I had tried to make it work, but apparently someone had messed with the wiring around the induction coil, and I gave up trying to figure out how it should be wired.  I took it out of storage today and revisited the wiring problem, but I am no closer to a solution now than I was then.  Can someone point me to a proper wiring diagram for this model?

Thank You

Larry

Haf

Larry,

this might help:
http://www.priteg.de/pdf/Maingau_35.pdf
http://www.priteg.de/pdf/Maingau35&38.PDF
http://www.priteg.de/pdf/Maingau_46.pdf

Of course texts are in German but diagrams should be understandable. If you need any translation of text please ask.

Haf

Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

Haf,

Thank you for the diagrams.  Though I cannot read German, I was able to figure out what was wrong and put it right.  Two of the coil ends had broken off from the terminals, and someone had attached wires to the those terminals.  One of the detached coil ends was sticking out from the coil and the other was barely visible at the edge of the coil.  I was able to fish it out so that about 3mm were visible and then solder a wire to it.  The phone seems to be working properly now.  On the bottom of this phone is the code "FN-3/40B".   One of the metal cradle ears is broken off, which I belive is quite common for these sets, and there is a very small crack in the bakelite behind the dial.  The piece under the cradle was broken when I got the phone, but I repaired it at that time.  I will have to post some pictures when I get an opportunity.  I now have both a Maingau 35 and a Maingau 38 working.  Interestingly, the 35 has dates on 1940 in it, while the 38 has dates of 1939.

Larry

Haf

Larry,
I came across some boxes of phone parts last week. Was in need of some parts, and looked for some parts for Benny (Pourme) for his Model 36. There was a Maingau 46 with all the parts. If you like I can send it to you for free, you can use it for spare or restore as you like, just let me know.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

Haf,

Thank you for the offer, but I think that I will pass on it.  I have quite a few other German phones and versions of other German models from other countries as well.

Larry

Haf

Larry,

no problem.And I bet you have more German phones than me probably :) If you need some parts from it you can still pm me, as long as it's here should not be the problem. The Gabelträger (the little thingie the cradle is mounted on) is ok, the cradle itself...well, broken off ear too.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

Haf,

I have lost track, but I at least have a war-time Japanese W28 type, a post-war Czechoslovakian W28, a Finnish W48, an ivory W49, a couple of FeTAp 615s, an Argentinian FeTAp type (in the Argentine flag blue color), and a Maingau 46 (I had forgotten about it) (forum link).  I also have a few Australian PMG 802s which look like FeTAps.  I also have an East German W63.  What am I forgetting?

Larry

Haf

Impressive! I have...what you see on the picture, two boxes of spare parts I bought last week, two ZBSA 19 (could not pass on them when found but don't really need) and a Tischmünzer 33 (desktop semi public payphone). That's it.  And there is only one desireable German model to me, a Münzfernsprecher 57 (payphone) to wich I have good memories when I was younger. Haven't found one yet. And if I think of it now, most of my phones make "pling" when depositing a nickel ;) Second most phones I own have a separated receiver and transmitter. And very few of the "modern" ones, WE 500 and one 554 in the kitchen. You see, no need of a warehouse so far ;)

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

Some of my German phones are missing parts, so I probably could use a thing or two (or three).  I will have to figure out what is needed and let you know.

Thank You

Haf

Larry,

sounds like a plan. Glad if I can help.

Haf
Telephone:
0049-030-55474418
1-415-449-4743
1-604-757-7474

LarryInMichigan

I posted some pictures of this phone in a new forum topic: forum link.

Larry