News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ericsson Stick Phone

Started by FABphones, December 11, 2019, 04:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

I was watching this for a few days with interest.
Then seller cancelled the auction early.

Nice little phone, although not keen on that dial.
As far as I had researched, dial and rear receiver/hook a later addition.

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Jack Ryan

Quote from: FABphones on December 11, 2019, 04:08:40 PM
As far as I had researched, dial and rear receiver/hook a later addition.

The dial is definitely a later addition but then, Ericsson made dials for a while before it made a phone designed specifically to take a dial.

I don't know about the auxiliary receiver. The hook looks OK although I can't see how it is connected. The actual receiver looks too big as it would clang against the stand.

I assume someone offered the seller more money than he could ignore.

Jack

FABphones

Quote from: Jack Ryan on December 11, 2019, 05:26:44 PM
.....The hook looks OK although I can't see how it is connected. The actual receiver looks too big as it would clang against the stand....

Jack

As I recall, the cradle lifts away (has to be unfastened from inside base. The little screw on the side comes out), and the hook slids up and out of the stem.

I also noticed that the additional receiver hangs too low, I was wondering if it had chipped away the paint where it touches. Nice unusual back to it though, I don't see those as often as the flat backed versions.

Jack Ryan

Quote from: FABphones on December 11, 2019, 06:29:16 PM
As I recall, the cradle lifts away (has to be unfastened from inside base. The little screw on the side comes out), and the hook slids up and out of the stem.

So it's not a botch. I guess we can assume that it was standard or a factory option. I don't recall seeing this phone in a catalogue and most of the phones I have seen were in or around France.

I also noticed that the additional receiver hangs too low, I was wondering if it had chipped away the paint where it touches. Nice unusual back to it though, I don't see those as often as the flat backed versions.

Luck we didn't buy it then, the chips would have weighed heavily on our minds.

Regards
Jack

FABphones

Quote from: Jack Ryan on December 11, 2019, 06:54:52 PM
So it's not a botch. I guess we can assume that it was standard or a factory option. I don't recall seeing this phone in a catalogue and most of the phones I have seen were in or around France.

Luck we didn't buy it then, the chips would have weighed heavily on our minds.

Regards
Jack

Factory  ...not sure. This particular one doesn't say factory to me, but whoever did it, they did it nicely.

The dial bothers me, how exactly would it connect, I can't see any loom or an exit/entry place for one.

And yes, that additional receiver knocking against the metal bugs the heck out of me just looking at the photo.

Below, the only photo I found when looking it up that shows similar. Manual.

-----

ETA: My guess is this is the same model and what the one above looked like before it was 'updated'.

:)

Jack Ryan

Quote from: FABphones on December 12, 2019, 04:26:23 AM
Factory  ...not sure. This particular one doesn't say factory to me, but whoever did it, they did it nicely.

I meant that the hook for the auxiliary receiver may be either factory or a factory option. I don't think it's the correct receiver and I think the dial is after market.

Below, the only photo I found when looking it up that shows similar. Manual.

Yes, that is a reasonably common French Ericsson telephone but I don't remember seeing it in a catalogue.

I have one - without aux receiver and without dial.

Jack