News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Left handed telephone

Started by benhutcherson, February 19, 2009, 06:59:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

One of my parents' phone nos was Lakeview 1-5783, and, the tv shop I worked at had Lakeview7-3322. Rainbow Television Service, owned, and, operated by Craig W Knox.  The best boss I ever had!!!!  ;D
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

McHeath

Okay here is my reply as to why is this phone left handed...

"Hi, It appears contoured for a more natural grip but I could be way off in left field on this theory. Thanks--Marc"

BDM

Ahhh well, at least he was honest. I won't knock someone for being honest and not coming off as an a$$
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

bingster

I don't think he thought his answer through.  Since most people are born with hands that are exact mirror images of each other, it stands to reason that the grip would be identical for each hand. 
= DARRIN =

BDM

Quote from: bingster on February 21, 2009, 07:02:36 PM
I don't think he thought his answer through.  Since most people are born with hands that are exact mirror images of each other, it stands to reason that the grip would be identical for each hand. 

He does state he could be way off, and that he is :P
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

McHeath

Yeah I like his honesty in that he simply may be wrong.  Not some crazed fanatic who swore up and down that it was made for left-handed people and if you don't like my answer then you can.....

After all these old phones are a mystery to many people, who did not actually ever use them.

Bill Cahill

I admire his honesty. Much more than I can say for one ebay creep, that selling a Motorola stereo phonograph, claiming he thoroughly took case apart, and, re glued it, replaced all tubes, needle, and, entirely cleaned, and, adjusted it, continued his lie by claiming  VM, RCA, Zenith, and, others, tried to copy teh "famous" Motorola record changer.
I sent him a friendly e mail informing him that RCA, and, Zenith changers weren't the same, and, that VM sold changers to many companies, including Motorola. It is varified by the VM website.
He sent me a nasty e mail back starting with" Sir, you are an idiot! I have been repairing these machines for 10 years now, and, know all there is to know!" He continued it with cuss words, and, telling me I'm obviously a complete idiot who didn't know what he was talking about.
Now, that's one ebayer who totally ruines things for the rest of us....
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

HobieSport

I have a theory about left handed telephones:  If you flush them in a toilet in The Southern Hemesphere they twist the other way.  It's just a  theory.

AET

"I have a theory about left handed telephones:  If you flush them in a toilet in The Southern Hemesphere they twist the other way.  It's just a  theory."

A simpsons reference perhaps?
- Tom

Dan/Panther

Quote from: Bill Cahill on February 21, 2009, 08:11:30 PM
I admire his honesty. Much more than I can say for one ebay creep, that selling a Motorola stereo phonograph, claiming he thoroughly took case apart, and, re glued it, replaced all tubes, needle, and, entirely cleaned, and, adjusted it, continued his lie by claiming  VM, RCA, Zenith, and, others, tried to copy teh "famous" Motorola record changer.
I sent him a friendly e mail informing him that RCA, and, Zenith changers weren't the same, and, that VM sold changers to many companies, including Motorola. It is varified by the VM website.
He sent me a nasty e mail back starting with" Sir, you are an idiot! I have been repairing these machines for 10 years now, and, know all there is to know!" He continued it with cuss words, and, telling me I'm obviously a complete idiot who didn't know what he was talking about.
Now, that's one ebayer who totally ruines things for the rest of us....
Bill Cahill

Bill;
I'm not quite clear, what exactly is it that you and that guy disagreed on ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson