"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is there a way to call an extension on a 308 pbx from an outside line

Started by jiimhoff, January 29, 2019, 03:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jiimhoff

Howdy, all.

Is there a way to call an extension on a Panasonic KX-T30810 pbx from an outside line?  Or a work-around?

Thanks in advance!

Pourme

I don't think so. These units were made to be answered by a operator and the call connected to the extension, like a doctor's office, car dealership, or similar set up. I know there are program options but I don't think that is a option. I could be wrong.
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

Benny

RB

Welcome to the phone forum...pretty much THE phone forum.
Lots of brain cells at work here.
I too have been thinking about the extension thing.
I have a 616, with about 10 ports used, and some of them ring on in coming calls, and some don't.
I run it as I found it, don't have a way to program it, just runs as is.
spose I will have to do that sometime.

Quote from: jiimhoff on January 29, 2019, 04:38:56 AM
Thank you.  A good bunch of guys here, it seems!

And gals, lets not forget them!

Welcome to CRPF.

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Owain

I think not, those systems are too old to have a Direct Inward Station Access (DISA) option.

Newer systems had a DISA/fax optional card.

Pourme

~

308's and 616's were THE way to handle phone calls to a small business in their time. They worked for our small car dealership. Today, as they are rendered obsolete they become a phone collector's best friend as they give life to our collections, at a affordable cost! but they can't do that.....
Benny

jiimhoff

Thanks.  I picked up a 308 and it seems to be working. 

Also, there's women here?  Women like phones?  Who knew?

poplar1

Key Systems such as Panasonic 308 or 616 were preferred by many customers over a PBX because anyone can answer the phone from any extension in a "square" system, where the same lines appeared on every phone in the same order.

Now, sometimes the boss -- or a particular department -- would have their own private line that did not necessarily appear on every phone. We would make that line ring only on the boss's phone and probably his secretary's phone.

So, someone from outside dialing a particular 7-digit telephone number -- rather than the "main" number listed in the phone book -- could reach the boss directly.

The only scenario that would probably work with a 308 would be to program one of the 3 lines to ring only on the one desired extension. It would still appear on any other multi-line phones, although there is probably a way to deny access to that line if desired (by programming).

By default (factory programming), all 3 lines ring on all 8 extensions.

You can also program day and night mode where only certain lines ring on certain phones during the day, and the same or different ringing at night. Or, you can program delayed ringing for 1 or more lines on all extensions except the one you want to ring immediately.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.