News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Help with a S-C

Started by Kenny C, March 08, 2010, 10:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

Stub1953 sent me a white Stromberg-Carlson today and it is badly discolored and i need some tips on how to fix that. I have the handset and caps and hand set cord soaking as i am typing. Stub told me not to but any of the metal into water so I have the two clamps above water. It is soaking in a little bit of dish liquid and surf washing powder and some amonia and water. So if any one has any tips I would appreciate them.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

keysys

Kenny and others:

Whatever you do, please DON'T do anything with a mixture of ammonia and bleach.  The resulting gas can be lethal.  I recall a junior high school science teacher telling the class about two elderly sisters who used the combination after their house was egged by halloween pranksters, and the outcome was tragic.  Just now, I google searched "ammonia/bleach" and found many warnings supporting this.

stub

Kenny,
  "Never"!!!!!!!!!!!!! use the bleach with ammonia "!!!!!!!!
          Get some Novus # 2 and elbow grease!!!!!!!!!!!!! Polish till your tired and polish some more.      stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

Kenny C

I just used some amonia and dish liquid and washing powder
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

stub

Kenny ,
             Don't try to mix up your own brand of cleaners!! Sometimes cleaning is just hard work!!!!! You don't need the ammonia!!!!!!!!  stub

Kenneth Stubblefield

Dan/Panther

Kenny;
try this newest formula for colored phones. It's not like the others we've posted, but it comes from Greg, and if you've seen his colored phones, you know this is the trick.
D/P

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2314.0

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Kenny C

Ok but does it work on a white phone
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Craig T

It especially works on white phones, check out Dan's post on this page...

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=745.15

Kenny C

OK where can I get the peroxide
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010