News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Infamous Polly Bergen LP

Started by Adam, March 20, 2013, 10:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam

In case you collect mushroom phones and/or are a Western Electric collection completist, a nice-looking copy of the Polly Bergen "All Alone By The Telephone" LP with a *really* nice picture of a beige 500U set on the cover is now available on Etsy.

http://www.etsy.com/listing/80368779/ ( dead link 04-09-21 )
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dennis Markham

Thanks Adam.  I just pushed the button on it.

Adam

Great!

The cool thing about the picture is that the set is obviously a loan from the Bell System publicity office, as its number card has the official number "MAin 0- 2368".

Are you going to frame it and put it up some place?
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dennis Markham

Adam, I think I will.  I'm in the process of re-doing my office where I plan to display many of my 500's.  One of them is a Light Beige 500U so it might look nice in a frame, hanging behind that phone.

Adam

Not sure if they still have them, but in the past I have bought from Target pre-made frames made specifically for putting an LP in.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

They still have them:

http://tinyurl.com/cu2jtml ( dead link 04-09-21 )
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Adam on March 20, 2013, 12:47:00 PM
Not sure if they still have them, but in the past I have bought from Target pre-made frames made specifically for putting an LP in.

Thanks.  I'll check out Target.  I never thought of framing old albums before until a few weeks ago while visiting a friend.  He had a nice display of framed albums from the 60's and 70's.  Looked real nice.

Dennis Markham

I probably should have looked first on eBay.....there are several or more of these for a Buy It Now price of $2.99.  Shipping costs vary.  Shoulda, coulda, woulda.......... :)

Russ Kirk

Polly Bergen is still alive, and according to Wikipedia: “From 2007 to 2011 Bergen had a guest role in Desperate Housewives as Lynette Scavo's mother, Stella Wingfield, which earned her an Emmy Award nomination.” 

She is now 82 years old, and looks a little different from that album cover picture!

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Dispalying records is a big hobby, my friend has a room full like I do with phones. You can buy frames that perfectly fit the album.

Being a Beatles guy, I have a Perfect Sgt Pepper and Abbey Road framed and diplayed. I really want to put Revolver up too!!!.. ???....Doug
Kidphone