News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Russ Kirk's Phone Collection Video & Pictures

Started by Russ Kirk, April 18, 2010, 04:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ Kirk

Hi - Here is  a Flip video of my telephone collection.  I am very proud of it - but in comparison to some collectors I have seen on the internet - it is still small.

http://sharing.theflip.com/session/f762c071b6b3e5d034a1dfb64d18c2b2/video/12893347

Enjoy!

Russ

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Very nice collection, Russ.  It doesn't look small to me!  I'd like to see more of your miniature 500's some time.  Beautiful collection.  Thanks for sharing it.

Kenny C

that is a cool collection I especialy like the english candle sticks
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

JorgeAmely

Russ:

I noticed an ad of a 500 model from 1949. Can you take a close up picture of it? There is a thread going about a 1948 pre-production 500 on the forum right now.

Excellent collection.  :o
Jorge

Doug Rose

Hey Russ...really nice collection and I love the way you showed it with the flip video. You should be very proud....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Russ,

If your collection is small, mine is miniscule.  You have some really impressive phones.

Larry

Russ Kirk

Hi Dennis, 

As requested here are a couple of photos of my small 500 sets.  In the 3rd photo is light pink 500 set with the handset cord - it is a music box.  It play "Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer".

Russ

- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Russ Kirk

Hi Jorge,

Here is a scan of the page you wanted  It came from a magazine that I "forgot" to return to the doctor's office.  I believe it is from Wired Test magazine,  I've never heard of it before,  but my wife and I thought the image was cool and would look good in my "Telephone Office".  I think it is really a 5302 set because the back of the set - behind the handset - looks a little short.

Russ  
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Thanks for the pictures Russ.  I like those little phones.  I have a few.  I'll have to post a couple photos.  One of them, a pink one is a music box also.  I recently bought it new in the original box.   They're fun to try and collect.  Lately I've seen them go over $25 on eBay.  Your Rose Beige one is nice (in the first picture).

JorgeAmely

Russ:

I like the last word of the ad caption: "rotaryness". Way cool!

Thank you for the closeup.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

That's definitely a #7 dial on that phone.  That's a model 500, not a 5302.  I'm pretty sure about that.  As one might have said to Regis..........That's my final answer.

paul-f

Quote from: Russkirk on April 20, 2010, 10:32:53 PM
Hi Jorge,

Here is a scan of the page you wanted  It came from a magazine that I "forgot" to return to the doctor's office.  I believe it is from Wired Test magazine,  I've never heard of it before,  but my wife and I thought the image was cool and would look good in my "Telephone Office".  I think it is really a 5302 set because the back of the set - behind the handset - looks a little short.

Russ  

Thanks for posting the scan, Russ.  What was the publication date?  It looks like it's fairly recent.

Here are some links to photos of some mini 500 sets.
  Pastel palette (late 1950s) minis in a carrying case.
     http://www.paul-f.com/we/500mini_57.jpg

Four early MD colors.
    http://www.paul-f.com/we/500mini_MD.jpg

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Russ Kirk

I got the "Wired Test" magazine about a 12-18 months, but I don't remember the exact publication date. So, I think it is less than 2 years old.  I tore the magazine apart to get the telephone page out for framing.  Neither side of the single page has a reference date.

I vaguely remember seeing a mini 500 case on eBay some time ago.  It went for more money I could afford.   I like the two color mini in the photo,  I have never seen one of those before.  But I will be on the lookout for one in my antique stores.  I found one with a pencil sharpener in the middle of the dial, but the Antique dealer wanted a firm $75.  Sometimes you have to let one go when they want a crazy amount of money,  I would rather spend that money on a real phone.

I seem to be attracted to the minis. I usually find them for $15-25 each. Most people I show my collection comment on the minis.  My collection of telephone related items is growing just as rapid as my telephone instruments.

Russ
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Dennis Markham

Paul, that Black and Ivory mini is very nice.  A nice addition to anyone's collection.

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 23, 2010, 02:25:44 PM
A nice addition to anyone's collection.

Dennis: You must write "Copy" for ebay listings!

Terry