News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Ben's Completed Main Custom Display. (WesternElectricBen's Collection)

Started by WesternElectricBen, February 07, 2014, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE40FAN

WesternElectricBen

Thanks! It sure is growing, and will hopefully continue.

Ben

WesternElectricBen

The new wall phone display is now completed. (fig. 3) A video presentation will be found here: http://youtu.be/yJ1_K3qdIo8

It was pretty simple to construct, I joined 3 (1'/3') bords left over from my phone shelves, with a french cleat. Then an opposite cleat on the wall, spanned between the studs. (A french cleat is a board cut at a 45° angle. They are very strong, and you don't have a nail/screw showing.) Before I assembled, I stained and coated the wood in polyurethane to match my phone shelves and give off a nice shine.

After it was hung, I added screws so I could hang all my wall phones, with the exception of my payphones (which are hung in different places,) and my wood wall telephone which I'm not sure what I will be doing with it yet.

It looks much better with all of the phones off of the dresser, (under the display) and later I can expand onto it, if necessary. (of course, it will be!)

I hope you enjoy, I also added a picture of the shelf from a couple days ago. Lastly, sorry about the bad picture quality..

Thanks for reading,
Ben 

New England Tel.

-Bob Archambault

AE40FAN

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: AE40FAN on July 31, 2014, 02:22:43 PM
Nicely done Ben!  Love how you incorporated your desk :D

Thanks! But, I actually incorporated the shelves with the desk.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

paul-f

Well done, Ben.

Have you started on the addition to the house yet?
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

WesternElectricBen

Thank you!

Paul, we have built a garage, but I only have a buffer in their.

Ben

Mr. Bones

Very nice job, young master Ben! Keep up the good work!

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on July 31, 2014, 06:28:40 PM
Very nice job, young master Ben! Keep up the good work!

Best regards!

Thanks Mr. Bones, but now I have a new challenge arise, a mid 50's Dunlap Drill press, in need of a complete restoration. I have it lubricated and adjusted enough to use it, but I will later do a visual restoration with paint and re-chroming.

Ben

suhoni56

Very nice display!!  I guess I better start planning. I can see myself needing this much space within a year or two!
Susan

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: suhoni56 on October 15, 2014, 11:11:52 AM
Very nice display!!  I guess I better start planning. I can see myself needing this much space within a year or two!

Yup, you will!

Ben