News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Butch Harlow's collection

Started by Butch Harlow, December 15, 2018, 07:23:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch Harlow

At long last here is the bulk of my collection. You'll find I have a thing for 500 sets and an even larger thing for Western Electric. All the phones pictured, while not all perfect, all work perfectly and see rotation into service. I have one C*net line 1821-9833 and one Comcast VoIP line running through a Panasonic KX-T 61610. Its a smallish, but growing collection. I started doing this to keep my mind sharp and engaged mechanically. I have learned an amazing amount about a myriad of subjects relating to telephones and their history. I have all of CRPF to thank for feeding the monster that I created. Without further ado...
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

More still...
Butch Harlow

Pourme

I like your collection. Butch. We have some of the same phones. I'm a big Imperial fan, nice gold version! Love seeing that FOM winner front & center!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

FABphones

Very nice. Quite a few there on my wish list. Thanks for sharing.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Key2871

Looking good Butch. I started off collecting 500's because it was after the break up or bell.
KEN

AT2796

Yahoo!
I love the black WE rotary wallphone. My wife was working eBay for one for Christmas, but didn't win. The rest are almost equally cool!
Thanks for showing them!
Andy
Andy

Nice,

Everything looks good  Butch.

Doug Rose

Butch...a collection to be proud and of.....real nice phones....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

I counted over 30, a mild case of phone-itis, nothing to worry about.

Butch, you have a nice collection. That 2-tone is in good hands.
JMO,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

oldguy

Great collection Butch. I like the the way you have phones covering the history of phones.
Gary

jsowers

Butch, you have a great collection and the phones all look finished and not halfway done. Working on phones is great therapy for whatever ails you. Then you have something you can use when you finish. I am also partial to the 500 and 554. More variations than you can imagine.

The red 500 is not a two-tone. It's a full color phone from 1954. Two-tones had black handsets and black cords. Just setting the record straight.
Jonathan

Scott

Jim Stettler

Quote from: jsowers on December 15, 2018, 11:27:33 PM

The red 500 is not a two-tone. It's a full color phone from 1954. Two-tones had black handsets and black cords. Just setting the record straight.
Good point Jonathan , I agree that that is the proper terminology. From this (proper) standpoint the telephone is even a better find.
JM<O,
Jim S.
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Babybearjs

nice collection... kind of like mine... except I've got some 400 series phones in my mix... don't do much with single line though... always have loved the multiline systems!
John

Butch Harlow

Quote from: Babybearjs on December 17, 2018, 04:07:18 AM
nice collection... kind of like mine... except I've got some 400 series phones in my mix... don't do much with single line though... always have loved the multiline systems!

I am kinda working slowly in that direction. I truly love the ease of my Panasonic KX-T61610, but really want to set up a simple 1A2 system. I used to love playing with my Dad's office phones back when I was just a kid. It's a nostalgia thing for me. Plus, it seems like a sufficient challenge for me.
Butch Harlow