Main Menu

W.E. 102, 202 and subset easy wiring diagrams

Started by bingster, March 14, 2009, 02:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Kidphone

marty

Hi All;
I just this week got a D1 phone and a Bell Box... The phone has almost all of its wiring gone, except for two connections to the Handset.... The Hand set is an F1, but it has 4 wires coming out of it , instead of the three that are shown in the pictures... Two White wires to the receiver, and a Black and a Red to the transmitter... It also has (I think) a #6 dial, the dial has inked on its back 6M-3  9-66.... the Bell Box has a ringer with 163 stamped on it and a 425b induction unit, all in an enclosed ATT pink case enclosure, I was told it was a bell box for a Pay Phone.... I have looked at all of the Diagrams from this site and So would like to know what is the best way to proceed with the wiring to make it work.....
THANK YOU Marty 

marty

HI All;
Here are some pictures of what I have, (If I can figure out how to post pictures)...
THANK YOU Marty

Wallphone

Marty, here is how the 4 wire handset is wired to the network. Wht to Gn, Blk to B, and the other white and the red to R.

Dennis Markham

Welcome to the Forum, Marty.  When you post a photo (like you did) you should see a link for "additional photos". You can upload 6 per post.  Maybe you could post a few more.

Sounds like someone may have used a cord from a 500 type set with your F1. But like Wallphone (Doug) indicated it can be connected.

You're going to need a four conductor cord to go from the phone to the subset, then a mounting cord from the subset to the phone line.

That looks like it's marked 685A (the subset)?

See if this post helps.  It's for wiring a phone like yours to a 685A subset.

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=544.0

marty

Hi All;
THANK YOU for your help... I tried to post other photos to the last message, but all that it took was the last one... I am sure it is operator ERROR !!!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
I am going to try and send another photo... Also In the "Find of the Month", I am wondering if mine conforms to you "Finds".....
I got my phone a "D1" and the Subset (Bell Box) and another Touch Tone phone all for FREE, from a friend who has to move from His place in a little more than a week.. I am Helping Him move. and He years ago work for the Phone Company... And So I have these units.... I figured out how to upload more than one picture...
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
THANK YOU, this link, was the link I first ran into, when I found your web site.... And I was SO impressed, that I decided to Join your group, and see what else you have for me .... I have started to look at ALL of your past postings under Technical Stuff and Repairing.... Very Interesting...
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
I hope that this is a better photo... Now for the Subset wiring...
THANK YOU Marty

marty

Hi All;
Here is the Subset, I hope that photos are enough to tell what I have, I have not wired the line out wires to the phone line.... (I need to find one that has wires on one end and a plug on the other), I have one Just have to find it....
THANK YOU Marty

bingster

Hi Marty,

As far as I can tell, everything in the subset looks okay.   It's a bit hard to tell where the wires on the terminal board go, though, so if it doesn't ring, take the four ringer wires off the terminal board and move them all to the network:  black to "L1", red to "L2", slate (grey) to "K", and slate/red to "A".

Inside the phone:

The red wire from the mounting (connecting) cord AND the red wire from the handset cord, both go to the "R" terminal on the dial.  

Both white handset wires should be connected to the "W" terminal on the dial.  The "W" terminal is tucked down low, to the right of the other terminals.

= DARRIN =

marty

Hi All;
Bingster, Attaching the Two white wires to the "W" terminal on the Dial , Would Short out the Receiver Connection in this Particular Handset, I have it, where one is Connected to the "W" and one to the "R" connection on the Dial, may not be right , but at least it doesn't short out the receiver ...
THANK YOU Marty

Wallphone

Marty, I think that both Bingster & myself weren't quite correct in our previous answers. When I told you how to hook up a 4 wire handset I was thinking about how I do it when I test them with a 425 network and my BK 1050 Telephone Analyzer. Here are some links to the TCI Library. If you stare at them long enough I think that you will find the answer to your problem. The extra White Receiver wire on your handset will go with the Red Transmitter wire. (Dang, looks like the actually drawings didn't show up according to plan. That certainly didn't make it easier. Directions below.)
> http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=2203&Itemid=2 < ( go to the 685A which is 12th one down)
> http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=2138&Itemid=2 < (Go to 1st one)
> http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_view&gid=2139&Itemid=2 < (Go to 2nd one)

marty

Hi All;
Wallphone, What is your real name ??? I think I have it hooked up correctly, but will Look at the Links, Just in case.... THANK YOU!!!!!!  What I am Really Interested in IS your B&K 1050 Telephone analyzer.. Do You Have a Schematic for the unit??? I have a B&K Television Analyzer and their Flying Spot Scanner and a Picture tube Checker... I like the Old B&K Products, I may be able to make one from a Schematic... Won't know Till I see a schematic, and Could you send some pictures of the B&K unit...
THANK YOU Marty