News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Another Lantern

Started by ....., September 27, 2017, 10:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I picked up a Chinese lantern today for $3.00 at a thrift shop. Gave it a little clean up, now I have a mate for my Dietz Junior.
That makes two lanterns, does that mean..........  ::)

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=18449.msg190303#msg190303

Pourme

John will be along shortly I'm sure, to welcome you to the lantern collectors community. I can't, I only own one!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

twocvbloke

TelePlay

Quote from: Pourme on September 27, 2017, 10:04:58 PM
John will be along shortly I'm sure, to welcome you to the lantern collectors community. I can't, I only own one!

Lampitis, it's a silent disease . . . ;)

Interesting little lantern. Just like my Korean Hope 500 shown sitting next to a full sized Dietz Blizzard.

I'm starting to believe that there is one company out there that makes these little red lanterns but stamps then with the country in which they will be sold. With yours, I've now seen these stamped Chinese, Japanese and Korean. Same lantern, different standings.

Benny, if you only have one, you aren't trying. Here's a good place to start:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=dietz+lantern&_sop=10

To balance out my international collection, I picked up two similar lanterns made in the Czech Republic. They are unique in that they are made cheaply (carry handle attachment and globe life lever) out of good  metal. They have a large tank with a small wick meaning one of this would provide just enough light to fill a mug with vodka without spilling a drop (east side of the cold war wall). Puts out about 2 candle power with it's 1/2" wick.

AL_as_needed

And so the bug spreads.... luring in unsuspecting prey with a few nice pictures, planting the seeds for that first impulse purchase at an antique mall....
TWinbrook7