News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Congrats to us - 300th Member!

Started by McHeath, April 12, 2010, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McHeath

Well we now have our 300th member, Oldradio49, a new record for our forum.  Seems only a short time ago it was about 20 people.  Frankly when this enterprise started up I never figured we'd be able to find more than a few dozen people on planet Earth to share the old phone phondness, it has far exceeded my expectations.

And it remains a very pleasant place to hang out on the Web, no unsavory fights about whatever, no name calling, no turf wars, all in all a great group of people.

gpo706

Here here!

Not a single unpleasantness, well said Mr. McH.
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

AET

I love this place, I've been a part of many forums, and this is the only one I still come to.
- Tom

John S

This is the only forum I check out daily.  The people are nice!!!! You learn alot!!! 

John

Doug Rose

Quote from: McHeath on April 12, 2010, 12:25:58 AM
Well we now have our 300th member, Oldradio49, a new record for our forum.  Seems only a short time ago it was about 20 people.  Frankly when this enterprise started up I never figured we'd be able to find more than a few dozen people on planet Earth to share the old phone phondness, it has far exceeded my expectations.

And it remains a very pleasant place to hang out on the Web, no unsavory fights about whatever, no name calling, no turf wars, all in all a great group of people.
Well said McHeath. I had been on both clubs lists for many years and this is done the way its supposed to be done. Congrats Dennis and crew, you should be proud of what you have accomplished....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

Thank you to all of our members.  And Doug thanks for the kind words.  But really, it's on cruise control.  I just check in every day (OK many times a day) just to see what's going on with everyone in their collecting.

I agree with Dan in that when it started we never dreamed of having 100 members, let alone 300.  I have seen memberships in other forums in the thousands.  Some of ours have logged in only to ask one question or post nothing at all.  But that's OK too.  Some of the "members" have been spammers that I have had to delete but that's only been a handful.  So all in all it's been very successful.

Thanks again to all of you!

Doug Rose

Dennis ....I think you downplay what you did to get this Forum going and do to keep it going. Besides Dennis, the members are to be congratulated. Why? The professional/friendly manner that everyone has to one another. Just being nice and understanding to one another. This makes the Forum fun. What a concept, hobby-fun. It got so bad on the lists, I thought twice before asking a question or posting a picture. Did I want a beat down from the gods? I am certainly not an expert, but far from a newbie. You had the "experts" whose job was to shoot everything down. Their knowledge was gospel, being right or wrong was inconsequential. Don't question the man.  New guys took a beating for asking "newbie" questions. No question is ever a stupid question, if you do not know the answer. Simple? The Forum proves this everyday. Check out the posts here compared to the Lists. The Lists in my humble opinion are dead.  This hobby is supposed to be fun and the Forum sure makes it fun. Well done ladies and gentleman....Well Done!!.....Doug
Kidphone

bwanna

i love these "pat ourselves on the back" threads!  :)

i was a hesitant, when i first joined, to chime in. i have a big interest in old phones, but i am no expert. i was afraid of being poo-poo'd by more knowledgeable folks. not the case at all! always a friendly answer to any question. occasionally i even have information to contribute.

seems like alot of us have more common interests than phones. the off topic threads are just as fun. this is kind of like a huge coffee klatch  :D

thanks, everyone 8)
donna

bellsystemproperty

This forum is great!!! Everybody's nice and have information to share. Uploading pictures straight onto the page is nice, because on the listserves you have to link to it.

Dan/Panther

Other forums that I belong to I either don't go there anymore, or just check the highlights. this forum should stand as an example of how to do it.
Do you realize we are approaching 2 years already.
I recall when I joined this forum, I had two phones, One was an A.E. one a W.E., I didn't realize they were made by different people. Now a year and a half later, I see the only thing alike about them, they are both black. Thanks to you guys answering all the endless questions.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

Doug (Kidphone):

I agree with you after taking a beating on one of the listservers for asking what SATT meant. Asking questions or looking for parts is much less stressful here than anywhere else. Plus, I enjoy looking at the collections and colors of other people sets. The feature of publishing pictures easily is priceless.
Jorge

foots

This is a great place and I'm glad I found it. Next month will be my 1 year anniversery here. Like others I was thrilled to even find a forum for old rotary phones but never thought it would have gotten this big while still not having any fights or any ill mannered people here.
"Ain't Worryin' 'Bout Nothin"

Doug Rose

Quote from: JorgeAmely on April 12, 2010, 11:32:29 AM
Doug (Kidphone):

I agree with you after taking a beating on one of the listservers for asking what SATT meant. Asking questions or looking for parts is much less stressful here than anywhere else. Plus, I enjoy looking at the collections and colors of other people sets. The feature of publishing pictures easily is priceless.
Jorge....I agree 100%. I have enough stress in my life, I certainly don't need it in my hobby....Doug
Kidphone

AET

I've been here 14 months and have enjoyed it very very much.  I feel like I know all of the regulars here like personal friends and that is a great feeling.   It makes for an added comfort and familiarity.
- Tom

Kenny C

well it is my 2 month forum anniversary the 14th  and I started out with 2 phones a WE an ITT now I have 14. I love this place. You are all so nice and listen to my questions.  I am so glad to have friends like you all. Thanks to you all for all of the help you have given me.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010