and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Nice 500T, 6-51

Started by paul-f, October 23, 2010, 11:12:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

Dan/Panther

I don't get it. If I was selling it, I'd get $120.00 max.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Jester

I totally missed that one!  Not too upset that I did at that price, but I thought I had a better handle on spotting the worthy auctions.
Stephen

KeithB

I saw that one earlier in the week, when the bids were MUCH lower.  I wondered if that might happen.

Jim Stettler

This one was just up the road in Denver. I missed it by about $400.00. It is 3 months older than the one I recently found in the basement ( 9/51 500T)

This one has a straight cord and mine has a 1953 curly cord.
This one has the dial center in an envelope, and I can easily dig out  a dial center for mine.

I thought this  would look nice next to my 9/1951 500 T. I really didn't expect it to hit over $200.00.

I think the buyer overpaid and the seller got very lucky.
JMO,
Jim

You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

HarrySmith

WOW, incredible price. It also appears bidder 5***9 spent the last hour bidding only to get sniped at the end.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Tom B

Anyone spotted the J/K '51 500 running on ebay? I tried posting some pics but no luck for some reason.
Tom

McHeath

Good grief what a price!  I had no idea that a 51' T model 500 would bring this kind of loot, figured they were 50 dollars phones max. 

HarrySmith

Tom, I spotted that one today but did not think it was worth posting here as most here seem to keep a pretty close watch on eBay.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: McHeath on November 04, 2010, 07:53:24 PM
Good grief what a price!  I had no idea that a 51' T model 500 would bring this kind of loot, figured they were 50 dollars phones max. 

McHeath....This is a sellers dream, two people who truly want the phone, with DEEP pockets. If you notice the Bidder who ended up in second place, he does not lose too many eBay auctions. In the past few weeks he has won some very high price phones and has for the many years I could watch him on eBay. There were two buyers on eBay, fellow club members who spent huge amounts of $$ monthly, he was one of the two. Your $50 is a fair assessment of its value in my humble opinion...Doug
Kidphone