News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Collectors.....Think Rod Stewart......Early Good Rod Stewart

Started by Doug Rose, April 28, 2017, 09:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Two threads that are hot right now with Newbies asking for help. Tough to help with what we cannot see.

Rod Stewart???

Every Picture Tells a Story Don't It????

Take some pictures.    :o ....Doug

Kidphone

Dan/Panther

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

John....OUTSTANDING!!!

Dan....not sure what you don't understand. users have to post pictures of their phones  that need to be repaired, not just try to describe it.

Off to cut the grass, then see my new grandaughter!!  #5 for my son....>Doug
Kidphone

TelePlay

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 29, 2017, 01:16:03 PM
Post a link I don't get it ?
D/P

Dan,

Doug was making a generized remark in that new members many times do not include photos to support the question they are asking. Without seeing the item in question, the text can not be answered (eg, move the yellow wire from C to L1).

Without seeing the item, there is no way of knowing what the problem might be, even though the result of the problem was described in the question.

Or, in short, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Dan/Panther

I never cared for Rod Stewart. Might that have something to do with it.
Didn't make the connection ?
D/P

mentalstampede

In any case, you can never have too many pictures. Unfortunately, the security check bug in the forum makes that difficult sometimes.
My name is Kenn, and I like telephones.

"Progress isn't made by early risers. It's made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something." --Robert Heinlein

TelePlay

I've been using BatchPurifier LITEā„¢ 7.0 on all of the photos I take with my smart phone and have never had a security error uploading photos after running them through that meta data stripping software.

Easy to use, open select files, select "all metadata" select overwrite or make a cleaned copy (preserves the original image), click clean and that's it. Takes less than a minute to whole folders of files. Here's the free download link from the company that wrote the software.

http://www.digitalconfidence.com/downloads.html

Try it, it's free (free version only cleans jpg files), it's fast and it defeats the security error almost* every time.

(*I have run into the rare case that a photo does not pass security after cleaning and that then is the case where a string of digital data that makes up the image "looks" like a security issue to the forum software and the flag is raised. Simply resizing the photo, as been said many times elsewhere on the form about upload issues, takes care of that by shuffling the image code breaking up the offending string.)

JimHyak

Dan
Rod Stewart:
"Every Picture Tells a Story"
Name of song and album, May 1971

Teleplay
I love your picher

Doug
Thanks for reminding folks.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

Dan/Panther

John;
Thanks, the picher helped. :P
D/P