News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Started by Steve Mack, May 10, 2010, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Mack

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the correct thread for introductions.  My name is Steve McAnally and I live in Florida.  I have been a member of TCI for several years and just discovered this forum.  I see already a lot of talk on what interests me, mainly the restoration of antique phones, especially the cosmetic end of it.  I've gotten pretty good at Bakelite and soft plastic and may be able to help others and am always looking to learn something I don't know.  What I need help with is the proper painting of metal phones and some of the basic wiring problems we run into with these classics.  I see a few names from TCI here and look forward to participating.  Thanks.

Kenny C

Welcome every one here is EXTREMELY helpful.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

LarryInMichigan

Welcome Steve.  I am sure that we will be happy to ask your advice on bakelite and soft plastic restoration.  We already have a few restoration whizzes here, but another is always welcome.

Larry

Dennis Markham

Steve, I'm glad you made your way to the Forum.  You'll find everyone to be friendly and excited about antique telephones.  There has been much discussion about different refurbishing processes.  If you search from the "home" page you may find a thread or two about what you're looking for.  If not, just start a new thread.  Everyone likes to look at "before" and "after" photos so don't be bashful.  We're all learning new things together.

Welcome!

Phonesrfun

Steve,

Welcome to the forum.  Yes, there are several club members here too!  This is a great place

-Bill G

Jim Stettler

Welcome to the forum Steve.
I have been hanging here since December  or so. It is a fun place.

Jim S

Jim Stettler
ATCA #1556
TCI
www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

McHeath

Welcome Steve!  There has been many a discussion about painting old phones, I've tried it myself a few times and gotten poor to very nice results.  Though I don't paint phones that are actually rare or unique.  (not sure I have any phones that are really rare or unique anyway :D)

Greg G.

Welcome to the group!  I would like to know a way to get plastic phones shiny w/o a lot of tedious sanding or painting.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

AET

Welcome to the forum, glad to have someone aboard who already has 'the sickness'.

Jim-
You've only been here since December?  Seems much longer than that.
- Tom