"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Finally got some shelves up.

Started by Dan/Panther, April 22, 2009, 03:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

Bwanna;
The two items that catch my eye, are the Straw dispaenser, and the clock.
Of course the Fiestaware is beautiful, but I love those vintage malt shop items. Reminds me of W.T. Grants lunch counter, when I was growing up, which never happened.... :o
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

bwanna

jonathan, your blue ridge is very pretty. also love the china cupboard. how wonderful to have granny's dishes & cupboard :D did ggg-g'pa build it?  the plate rack in my pic belonged to my grandma. i would die on the spot if i ever found a relish tray for $5. i have both the harlequin & fiesta trays& paid considerably more than $5 for each of them :o

d/p... unfortunately the straw dispenser is a cheap re-pro. but i do like the vintage malt shop items. i also love old kitchen clocks. the one on my wall is a general electric. the only down side is the cord. which if you notice i artfully concealed with the phony grapevine ::)
ps...please never grow up ;D
donna

jsowers

Quote from: bwanna on December 01, 2009, 06:50:28 PM
did ggg-g'pa build it?

I think my ggg-grandmother's father had it made and gave it to her as a wedding present. Or so the story goes that he did the same for all his daughters. My mother had to outbid an antique dealer to get it, and he was a relative on the OTHER side of my father's family. No relation to the Sowerses. More like related to all the rats in the barn. ;)

Donna, I like your plate rack too. It looks like it's solid oak. Just the thing for those hefty Fiesta dishes. Like our phones, Fiesta came in "1950s colors" too that are harder to find than the ones they made later. If I remember correctly from reading the book from years ago.
Jonathan

southernphoneman

Quote from: Dan/Panther on April 22, 2009, 03:27:32 AM
I finally got up the gumption to put up some shelves.
It sure frees up floor space.

D/P
nice 500s,nice 202,nice 302,very cool clock up on the wall above the 500s.over all very nice setup.

DavePEI

Just like Stanley and Helen Roper in "Three's Company". Putting up Shelves!

http://www.jefflawlor.com/ThreesCompany/SoundClips/PuttingUpShelvesLow.wav

Remember? It had to be the funniest line in the entire series!

Every time I have seen this thread, it has reminded me of this!

Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

twocvbloke

Inspired by this thread, I've ordered myself a set of shelves from Ikea (it's pretty much just round the corner, but there's only so much I can take home on the bus!!), seeing as I need somewhere better to site the phones, but also cos I need somewhere to put other displayable stuff I have that needs to be relocated to somewhere other than inside boxes in a heap in a corner of my room!!! :D

These are the shelves:

http://tinyurl.com/ca2j7ne

I've looked at them in the past while wandering about the store, never really considered them as I was looking at them for storing boxes in Heap Corner, rather than displaying things, so I just passed them by as they weren't strong enough, also getting an additional pair of shelves to add more shelfspace, shame it'll take them a week to get them sent out though... :D

Not the best shelves I'm sure, but, tight budgets dictate what I can buy, and it was that or a Micro ATX computer case & a couple of hard drives, not essential at the moment, unlike the shelves... :D