News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 302 ThermoPlastic Questions

Started by RichiePhone, June 12, 2012, 08:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichiePhone

I recently bough this phone at a swap meet and have taken a few photos.  Any help with identification would be very appreciated.  I'll disassemble soon to get some internal photos.  Thank you for any help!

RichiePhone

Thank you!  I began to disassemble this phone and have found that all of the date stamps appear to match.  They are 7/41 on the ringer and case with H3 Stamp on the inside cover near the wire exit and III 41 on the transformer.  I noticed an H5 on the back of the dial, but haven't removed it yet to see what the other stamping numbers are.  It appears to be in excellent condition.  I can post internal photos if anyone would care to have a look.  I'm very new to this, but this appears to have little or no signs of previous tampering.  Thanks again for the help and info!

paul-f

You're welcome.   ...And welcome to the group, as well!

Look closely at the strain reliefs on the cords for dates and model numbers.  Western Electric was good at identifying just about everything.  Cords and handset components were among the most common changes while the phones were in service.  Dials and ringers are also easy to change.

We always enjoy seeing before and after photos of projects.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line