"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone Demonstrator

Started by bobv, December 01, 2018, 10:57:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobv

HI,
Any One have proctor 49200 telephone demonstrator manual please? I bought 3...

thanks
VB

Key2871

Have you tried the web? Usually a PDF can be found, loaded and printed.
KEN

bobv

Quote from: Key2871 on December 01, 2018, 11:24:44 AM
Have you tried the web? Usually a PDF can be found, loaded and printed.

Hi Key2871

nothing there?

thanks
VB

Key2871

Yea, I also looked when you first posted. I didn't find anything either. That's odd, because usually someone will put a PDF file up with manual diagrams etc.
So I don't know what to tell you..

Looking at your picture, I can't see what the jacks are labeled perhaps more photos with shots of all ports. Usually you have power, and outputs to "stations" they should be marked.
I have a BK telephone product tester that will test ring, etc.
Yours is a simulator, that mimics central office equipment. There may or may not be programming needed. And for that there would be a serial connector but with out a manual, software etc. Your stuck.
So more photos may be helpful.
KEN

robert_m

I dont have that one, but generally their easy the code on the port is the number.......you want to sell any of them let me know.  or the newer ones any 7 digit number with last digit the port if i recall.

bobv

Quote from: Key2871 on December 06, 2018, 04:55:47 PM
Yea, I also looked when you first posted. I didn't find anything either. That's odd, because usually someone will put a PDF file up with manual diagrams etc.
So I don't know what to tell you..

Looking at your picture, I can't see what the jacks are labeled perhaps more photos with shots of all ports. Usually you have power, and outputs to "stations" they should be marked.
I have a BK telephone product tester that will test ring, etc.
Yours is a simulator, that mimics central office equipment. There may or may not be programming needed. And for that there would be a serial connector but with out a manual, software etc. Your stuck.
So more photos may be helpful.

Hi Key2871,

you right it works. it doesn't need any reprogramming. may be it is possible to program with custom phone numbers. right now it works with the port numbers from one to antoher phone.

thanks
VB

bobv

Quote from: robert_m on December 06, 2018, 11:06:31 PM
I dont have that one, but generally their easy the code on the port is the number.......you want to sell any of them let me know.  or the newer ones any 7 digit number with last digit the port if i recall.

Hi Robert_m,
yea it works with port number. I have some phones needed testing. and I keep it for now.

thanks
VB

Key2871

Some units I have looked at talked about a serial port for programming. I didn't want to spend 4-600. On them so I passed. But did buy several BK Precision telephone product testers until I found a nice one.
I just said yours may be programmable only because I've seen them.
However, I'm happy to hear yours works fine, congratulations.
KEN