News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring Western Electric Model 500 with CNET 425B Network

Started by Dan/Panther, April 30, 2010, 01:07:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan/Panther

I drew up this diagram for the above mentioned phone.
Please let me know if you find any errors.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

JorgeAmely

D/P:

Looks good from here, but why CNET in the name?  ??? ??? ???
Jorge

Dan/Panther

Jorge;
I'm not sure myself, but preceding the 425B it is has C-net, I assumed it was part of the designation. Does anyone else know what it means on the networks ? If it means nothing I'll remove it.
D/P

Phonesrfun

It probably means "combined network", as in the separate equalizer that was used along with the 425A network is combined in the 425B and later networks.  That is to say the equalizer was both combined and changed to using varistors rather than the tungsten filament light and the thermistor.

I guess the reason for Jorge's question is that now days we have this VOIP based collectors telephone system known as C*Net.  I have hooked up to it as have several others.  I had Colin Chambers patched into our conference call last Sunday via my c*Net line.

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Bill;
I thought about that. I don't think I really need it on there.
D/P

Phonesrfun

Dan:

The discussion of the C*Net kind of detracts from the original intent of your post, so I will get back on topic. 

That is one nice job!  Worthy of posting in some permanent place. 

I thought of saying that you should include the hookswitch wires too, but that would definitely clutter it up beyond the practical purpose for which it was intended.  Maybe a separate drawing, using the same 425B and just the hookswitch wires would also be good.  You could show the two diagrams side by side.

Just my two cents
-Bill G

Dan/Panther

Bill;
We have the technical section, I have posted several other drawings for 302 wiring.
I prefer wiring diagrams, over schematics, as many people have trouble reading schematics. With a diagram, about all you need to do is follow colors.
D/P

Phonesrfun

Good idea, and your wiring diagram looks great to boot.
-Bill G

savageje

Awesome job.  Thanks for putting the effort into this.  It will join my growing list of go-to phone reference materials.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

Dan/Panther

I use a photo graphics editing program I've for years, It's called Photostacker Pro, I don't  think they are still making it. All of the drawing is hand done, there aren't templates in the program.
The closest I've found to Photostacker, is a free download called "Gimp".
D/P

Cowthief

Hello.

I am new to this forum, but have been in the telecom field for years.
What would make this very useful would be a schematic and breakout of ALL of the networks and not just the 425.

Thank you.

Wallphone

BSP 501-135-100 has the schematics to Western Electric networks. Hopefully this link will get you there.
< http://tinyurl.com/3f5u68a >
Doug Pav

cihensley@aol.com

Doug:

Thank you for that reference. I was not aware of the BSP on networks

Chuck