News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wooden boxed phone id.

Started by Greg G., July 22, 2014, 12:24:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg G.

I think this is an intercom.  The handset is obviously hanging upside down, but it looks perhaps foreign (to the US).  Not sure why one wire appears to be coming out the side and into the back.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Babybearjs

open it up and look inside. from what I see, it could be a Kellogg (ITT) unit. look for part numbers..... and then you'll know better.
John

Greg G.

It's not mine, I don't have it.  The seller only gave vague info on it. I was hoping someone would recognize the handset.

QuoteI didn't see any manufacture name but next time I am over there I will take a look.
It does appear to be pretty much complete, I wouldn't be surprised if it still works.
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

wds

I have that phone - I'll have to wait until I get home and see who made it.  Seems like it's a leich.
Dave

rdelius

This was put togather by a rebuilder using EE8 field telephones and other surplus parts. The grill might be marked Conn Tel & eledt .See if the generator is a small one and the ind coil is possibly marked "MFP" -moisture proofed and the ringer is a single gong.

wds

Here are pictures of mine.  Grille is marked Connecticut, and I think the handset is Conn. - not marked, but uses the same elements as my Conn. Signal corps phones.  Nice solid handset, not like the cheap ones on the signal corps phones.
Dave

Greg G.

Quote from: wds on July 22, 2014, 07:33:51 PM
Here are pictures of mine.  Grille is marked Connecticut, and I think the handset is Conn. - not marked, but uses the same elements as my Conn. Signal corps phones.  Nice solid handset, not like the cheap ones on the signal corps phones.

Thanks, I asked the seller to send me a picture of the crank side, which isn't in the ad.
- Mike Row
e