"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interphone Display Unit

Started by jsowers, January 14, 2014, 01:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHyak

Thank you everybody for the great info.

I had bought the 55AW unit as 3a speakerphone and still hope to set thats up, would like to find a 500S, but I think I have all the parts to build one. A long time bell installer told me the 55 was also used on the interphone, although I questioned that, I never looked it up. I have several 558D, at least one 511D, and I think at least a couple 711B, plus this recent purchase....

So in writing this post, I went and checked my inventory list and what I remembered as a 55A is actually a 51A. The other box is a 55AW, not sure about the third box, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 54A. I haven't seen the E1B ringer before either.

Well, the search continues. Anyone looking to cash out some of their stash of this stuff, let me know.

With those G5 handsets I will be very surprised if there are transmitters in these phones.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

G-Man

Quote from: JimHyak on January 15, 2014, 09:06:36 AM
Thank you everybody for the great info.

I had bought the 55AW unit as 3a speakerphone and still hope to set thats up, would like to find a 500S, but I think I have all the parts to build one. A long time bell installer told me the 55 was also used on the interphone, although I questioned that, I never looked it up. I have several 558D, at least one 511D, and I think at least a couple 711B, plus this recent purchase....

So in writing this post, I went and checked my inventory list and what I remembered as a 55A is actually a 51A. The other box is a 55AW, not sure about the third box, but I'm pretty sure it's not a 54A. I haven't seen the E1B ringer before either.

Well, the search continues. Anyone looking to cash out some of their stash of this stuff, let me know.

With those G5 handsets I will be very surprised if there are transmitters in these phones.

Jim-

The Bell System Practices in the TCI Library for the 2A Farm Interphone do not show separate transmitters. The modifications in the schematics for the station sets only show a ptt handset being added along with minor wiring changes.

JimHyak

So here are a couple of photos of the internals, my first post of a photo, hope it works OK.
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!