News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Western Electric touch tone dial card font & font size

Started by oldguy, June 18, 2016, 05:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldguy

I've searched & can't find any information on Western Electric touch tone dial card font & font size. I have 2500s, princess & trimline phones They appear to use the same dial card. Maybe they aren't called dial cards because they aren't on the dial is why I can't find any info. Any help would be appreciated. I would like to make some for my phones. 
Gary

andre_janew

Try number cards or phone number cards.  It might work!

unbeldi

Here is a sheet that has been floating around the Internet somewhere.

Other than that, check out  BSP 501-150-100, Issue 7, Sept. 1980, it has images of others.

compubit

Early 70s used Future for the font with AREA CODE. The actual area code, though, could be any of several options. I believe that Franklin Gothic (light or book) was used in the advertising literature for area code and number.

I think (memory...) Southwestern Bell used Futura for the 713 area code, and then stamped the rest of the number.

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

oldguy

Thanks andre_janew, unbeldi & Jim. I will follow up on those things.
Gary

david@london

gary-
i found the images in this pdf on the forum quite a while ago
.....cannot locate it now, but have printed out numbercards from it successfully.