News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Princess Transformers 701 v. 702 Hookups

Started by George Knighton, December 24, 2012, 08:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Now that you mention it I think the larger transformers were more like 24VAC or maybe even some odd output like 28VAC. They were within voltage range that Nortel said was acceptable to power the companion speakers so whe nwe had a bunch of speakers we would change from many small 2012B's to one (or more) of these larger power supplies.

Terry

Dave F

Quote from: AE_Collector on December 29, 2012, 02:34:59 PM
Now that you mention it I think the larger transformers were more like 24VAC or maybe even some odd output like 28VAC. They were within voltage range that Nortel said was acceptable to power the companion speakers so whe nwe had a bunch of speakers we would change from many small 2012B's to one (or more) of these larger power supplies.

Terry
Yeah, you can stick two transformer outputs in parallel as long as the voltages are the same.  Even a small mismatch will cause big problems.  That's why doing it is not usually recommended.

DF

AE_Collector

Quote from: Dave F on December 29, 2012, 02:41:04 PM
Even a small mismatch will cause big problems.  That's why doing it is not usually recommended.

Of course what I had done was not intentional. I was coverting existing speakerphones onto the new larger power supply but I missed one of the existing 2012B's so it was inadvertently left in parallel with the new larger power supply. It apparently had a built in "warning" for this situation though....

Terry