News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

eBay list?

Started by recrum, February 19, 2017, 03:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

recrum

is the eBay list posted on here somewhere? I tried a search and couldn't find it.  Also who keeps track of it so we can be added to it?

jsowers

Terry (AE_Collector) created the eBay handles list, but it hasn't been updated since 2012. It's still very useful to me, but I have to look the handles up on eBay to check the feedback numbers for the bid code because the list is so old. Send him a PM and include your email address and eBay handle and he can add you to the list.

If you need a list, send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a copy. It's an Excel spreadsheet, so you will need something to open it.
Jonathan

TelePlay

Quote from: jsowers on February 19, 2017, 07:48:55 PM
Terry (AE_Collector) created the eBay handles list, but it hasn't been updated since 2012.

And the reason for this is that about then, eBay changed the way it displayed handles making it very difficult for Terry to update the list, if at all. It's still a good list but as noted, the feedback numbers on the list are 4 years old and as such, much lower that current numbers.

AE_Collector

I am trying to talk myself into doing an update to the list as I know from reading comments on here that many of you still use the list even though it is approaching 5 years since it was last updated. Maybe soon.

Here's the original eBay Handles List topic:
http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=2871.0

Terry

Dennis Markham

I still use the list and just update the feedback numbers as I encounter them.  It's has come in handy many times.

andre_janew

Just for the record, my eBay handle is the same as my user name.

AL_as_needed

We are  doing a cross-reference list with our actual names etc, are  ebay names included in this list? If not maybe we could just make it a master directory. Of course for those willing to do so.
TWinbrook7

AE_Collector

That us the difference between the CRPF Criss Cross List and the eBay Handles List.

Criss Cross is a strictly voluntary list of CRPF members useful just to help us remember tge real names of those who want to be on it.

eBay Handles needs to be as inclusive as possible if all regulars on eBay who deal in phones in order for it to be of much use. Therefore anyone who deals in phones might land on the list if someone who deals with them in regards to phones submits their name to the list. The list isn't posted anywhere though it is or was available as a download from one of the two large phone clubs in North America by logged in members. Other than that I distributed the list by email to members of the phone collecting community who request a copy. I was willing to and have removed members who specifically request that I do. I have also been threatened by at least one member of the phone community when he found himself on the list. Threatening doesn't work to have yourself removed, only polite requests to be removed so he is still on the list.

Terry