News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Photographing Telephones

Started by Dan/Panther, April 03, 2009, 06:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bingster

I thought it was Stromberg-Parson... Telephones for the clergy.
= DARRIN =

Dan/Panther

Here's a photo of my '64' Pinky.
I love this box.
My camera is an 8 pixel Kodak C875.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Dennis Markham

Dan, the lighting looks well balanced in those photos of the pinky.  They look great.

Dan/Panther

I'm using 3 100 watt Flourescent spiral bulbs. One on top and one on each side.
I take one photo without the flash, and one with the flash. Depending on what angles I'm looking at, flash somewtimes is bretter than no flash, and visy versy.
I have to work on better lighting., but for about $5.00 I think I'm very happy with the results.
With b etter lights I think I may get a little better
D/P

BDM

Dan, what's the color index(kelvin scale) on those lamps?
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

Dan/Panther

BDM;
Geez, That's a tough one...
The package says.......

Light output 1600 lumens
Warmwhite
24 watts=100watt bulb

Their website is...

www.broadalighting.com

That's about all I can tell you.
Maybe the website has a contact us.
D/P

BDM

Ok, it's probably around 2800/K. The reason I'm asking is different light temp will give different results. Maybe try a 5000/k lamp and see what results you get. 5000/k is more like the sun, so to say.

EDIT: I was right, you have a 2700/k color. Try a 6500/k. It would be interesting to see your results. The sun is generally around 5000/6000 kelvin.
--Brian--

St Clair Shores, MI

mienaichizu

ok, I learned again something new in this forums! :D

McHeath

Yeah me too.  This light box for photography is pretty cool and I will have to make one. 

Dennis Markham

I was looking at this one on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/cwz8t6

The seller has a few negatives but the price isn't bad...with free shipping and the option to make an offer.  This is for those of us (me) that isn't too handy with non-phone related crafts and can get everything needed at one time.  It's tempting...There are others on eBay.  I did the measurements and this size is right for any of the desk phones we generally talk about...500's, 101-102's, etc......

Dan/Panther

I would guess that his will give you great results. It is an excellent price.
He did give me an idea though. Getting different colored poster board for backgrounds. I made it so a full sized board would slide in and be held in place.
D/P

Dennis Markham

It looks like his different colored things may be cloth, or some type of material that is changed out to provide the different back grounds.

Ellen

Quote from: Dennis Markham on April 07, 2009, 01:47:38 PM
I was looking at this one on eBay:

http://tinyurl.com/cwz8t6

Zowie!  It has sound!  Whomever it is that wants to sell phones on FleaBane, can put ringer sounds in also!!!

Dan/Panther

Those sound ads scare the begeezus out of me late at night.
It's all quiet, dark, except for my desk lamp, then WHAM someone is yelling at me.
It's very dark, and very quiet where I live. I used to have my shop out where my well booster pump is, but after that pump kicking on when I least expect it, I moved my shop back where it was. Also our neighbors used to have mules, and I don't know if you ever heard a mule really cut loose with the whinny, they do it until they run out of breath, and at night and and when it's dead quiet, it can make your skin crawl. Not to mention make your butt pucker.
D/P

Bill

My wife uses that Photostudio-In-A-Box to photograph lampwork jewelry that she makes. It works quite well, using the macro setting on her camera. The $50 price is about right. Two nice things about it. First, it comes with lamps that are small and easily movable - the Home Depot clamp lamps are pretty big, and tend to fall off whatever they are clamped to - and which produce a nice white (not yellow) light. The second is that the whole thing folds up for easy storage. Since both of us are packrats, we wouldn't have space for a light box that is permanently big.

Bill